Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Daily moodswings - how is it for you?

@Former-Member and @Former-Member

Uuuh yeah the exhaustion of being ourselves... I've refilled my batteries in hospital, but am now really cautious about how to create a sustainable style of living.

@Former-Member I understand your feeling of dissociation. I explain it as leaving the room.

Morning @Former-Member, yes that is a good way to describe dissociation.
It's a fine balance to create 'balance'
I did not sleep well thinking on how to slow my racing mind. I did eventually by listening to delta brainwave music sounds..
I hope you have a gentle day, kind thoughts to you @Former-Member too. Hope you are well?

Thank you Sahara. Although I wish your story wasn't so challenging, it's so similar to mine (as far as what you've said, I mean) and I just want to thank you for sharing it here. Amazing how much comfort one can glean simply from knowing one is not alone. 

I just heard about this forum. Wonderful!

Ahh, Im new here. Please excuse my writing (typing) Im on my phone.
My mood swings were worse years ago. Somehow ive learned to 'get on with what needs to be done for practical living'. What I mean by that is...I ask myself the direct question ' what can I do, right now, that is helpful, nuturing, practical, do-able & a healthy chioce ? ' Sometimes it is 'do the washing up...sometimes it is rest & read a book, sometimes it is...call a friend or visit...go for a sitdown in the garden...drink a glass of water' I dont know why it helps my mood swings. I get triggered by stress & frustration, fear, real or imagined disrespect & injustice...yes, when Im triggered I can cycle thru many emotions quickly, otherwise Im calm, reasonable, rational, happy, friendly. Triggered & Im loud & repetitive & agitated. The episodes dont last very long, maybe an hour, only ever a day maximum. The next day im often wondering 'why did I do that? What was that about? What triggered that? What stopped me or calmed me?' Sometimes in full-blown mid-episode I can think oops sorry better stop this or...what am I doing this for? Lifes too short & "aint got time for dis" & calm immediately, instantly. Looks weird to bystanders.

Mmm, I have been diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder.
I just wanted to share what helps me... it might help someone else?
I do alright at work most of the time, like Flower described.
Im more vulnerable to having 'meltdowns of all kinds' when Im tired, hungry, thirsty, cold, lonely. Most of the time a hug can do wonders. Stroking my pets or watching bees & ants & just being outdoors under the sky can lift my mood. Also light humour & distraction helps...& helping other people, the altruistic thing, can help me 'forget myself' in a good way.
Yes, like Flower, Ive wondered what other people feel within their day & how extreme or mild.

Hi @mydihmoom

I just read your post and thought I'd share this video of one of the SANE Austalia's Speakers.

Thanks for sharing this NikNik.  

Content/trigger warning

This story resonated with me, so much so that I had a lump in my throat.  A brave woman to share her story.  I've tried DBT & CBT, they were very helpful for me.   Also following the advice of my Psychiatrist has helped, the most, though it took a couple of years, or a few, (possibly up to four years Smiley Surprised ) to build trust. My Psych.Dr. recommended some books & Websites. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance