Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday//BOTH FORUMS// Creative expression and our wellbeing! // Tues 28 July 7- 8 30pm AEST featuring Special Guest Artist from the DAX Cen

I think I am having more fun than my 2.5 year old haha. , that is beautiful @JIT 

I did private childcare for 30 years and loved the creative in my children 

@Peonies Heart

Re: Topic Tuesday//BOTH FORUMS// Creative expression and our wellbeing! // Tues 28 July 7- 8 30pm AEST featuring Special Guest Artist from the DAX Cen

@Shaz51 me too!

I do a lot of photos and digital editing, have huge image collection in my phone

Now that we've started to think about creativity and know that being creative can be about engaging in a process of allowing your mind and body to “tumble out” into the world. 

So, how can our individual art practices/ engagement in creative expression per say, connect to or impact on our mental health wellbeing?

For me personally, I try to ‘do’ art and engage in creative expression (now that I think about it) a lot! For me doing art/ painting is a really therapeutic process. It helps me to release any tensions/ stress I was feeling and express it on the painting.

Re: Topic Tuesday//BOTH FORUMS// Creative expression and our wellbeing! // Tues 28 July 7- 8 30pm AEST featuring Special Guest Artists from the DAX Ce

hi everyone!
thanks for the shoutout @Former-Member

Conscious dance encourages you to follow your body and the way it needs to move, rather than follows steps or choreography.

This means its a very personal way of giving the body physical expression, which looks and feels completely different for every person on any given day.

It requires letting go of the ‘doing’ mind, and turning your attention onto your body. So often we get caught up in what we’re thinking that we forget that the body is carrying us around all day and experiencing all of the same things that the mind is. How well we’re feeling has just as much to do with how the body energetically experiences and holds onto what we do/feel/think in a day as it does the mind.

You will be doing your body an incredible favour by allowing it do dance, however it wants to. It releases the energy that the body is holding and liberates the mind into play, joy and the range of emotions music provokes.

Re: Topic Tuesday//BOTH FORUMS// Creative expression and our wellbeing! // Tues 28 July 7- 8 30pm AEST featuring Special Guest Artists from the DAX Ce

Welcome @outlander !  😄 

images - 2020-07-28T190350.475.jpeg

thank you for joining us @Renegade and @paintingallday

@Former-Member i also have a huge collection of images on my phone! It's so fun to go scrolling back through and discover things/work/inspo i'd forgotten about! Like a digital creative treasure trove 🤗

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance