Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday//BOTH FORUMS// Creative expression and our wellbeing! // Tues 28 July 7- 8 30pm AEST featuring Special Guest Artist from the DAX Cen

Hi @Peonies @Renegade @JIT @Judi9877 @paintingallday 

Looking forward to tonight.

Re: Topic Tuesday//BOTH FORUMS// Creative expression and our wellbeing! // Tues 28 July 7- 8 30pm AEST featuring Special Guest Artist from the DAX Cen

Creativity is an action that uses imagination and experimentation to bring into life something new and unique.

Being creative means embodying that element of yourself that doesn’t have the breaks on, isn’t following the rules but is allowing the unpredictable energy of the creative in the body and mind to tumble out into the world.

It requires being in a state that is open, attentive and available to creative energy with a sense of freedom, for anything to come without judgement.

The creative potential within each of us needs to be untethered for it to be given life. When we are listening to our critical mind and judge an idea/act before we’ve tried it out, we can often prevent bringing a creation into existence at all.

So to offer the energetic spirit of creativity within us the freedom to be expressed, there’s an element of acceptance of being in that energy, in that moment with your art, and an element of risk in allowing to tumble out what comes no matter what.

Creativity to me is directly linked to expression – in whatever form that comes!

For some people it’s words, written, spoken or sung. For some people its baking, for some it’s the clothes they wear.

And it doesn’t even have to be for anyone, it can simply be an outlet for self-expression, this is true particularly for me, as I find sometimes expressing myself with words doesn’t work.. they don’t seem to convey what it is I’m feeling or trying to communicate.

Welcome to tonight's discussion @Snowie

Hello @Renegade@paintingallday Smiley Very Happy

ohh welcome @JIT 

hello @Peonies@Snowie 

Hi @Peonies . Great question to start off with! For me, being creative means expressing myself in some shape or form by using my imagination to act as a voice to say how I feel or what I'm thinking. That could be through words, colours or textures, such as yarn or cotton. Sometimes even music as in the form of a certain song.

To me being creative means the ability to express myself through different means

Re: Topic Tuesday//BOTH FORUMS// Creative expression and our wellbeing! // Tues 28 July 7- 8 30pm AEST featuring Special Guest Artists from the DAX Ce

I'm here, hoping to pick up some tips to get me out of this couch potato rut I'm in :face_with_rolling_eyes: Wondering if @Faith-and-Hope, @Zoe7, @outlander and @greenpea are here ?

@Judi9877 i love that! "using my imagination to act as a voice"

For me creativity is about doing something new, enacting an idea that I’ve thought about but for some reason haven’t done it yet. I really like @Renegade 's idea that being creative is not so much about the end product that you create, rather it’s about the act of doing it freely. I haven't thought of this before! 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance