Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: A safe place to express myself

With all the amazing posts here, I don't think I've got anymore to add @Arizona !

I don't have a special someone in my life either. We're together on this one! As much as I'd like someone, I'm not sure it's for me. Time is ticking, and I'm sort of 'stuck in my ways' (so to speak). So, I guess for the time being, I am grateful for the time I can be alone, knowing that this may change without warning.

I'll keep you in the loop @Arizona !

BPDSurvivor

Hello @BPDSurvivor @Spirit_Healer @Appleblossom @Dimity . Thank you for your kindness ❤

@Appleblossom You are very lucky to have an education. That would have been my dream. I wasn't able to finish my Arts degree. I studied English, Psychology, Linguistics and Spanish. I was in the top 5% with my marks and I was offered a mentorship program with a lecturer of my choice. I chose the head of Linguistics. I could have had an academic career.

Also, while I was at uni I met quite a few women lecturers who had overcome depression to have an academic career. The head of Linguistics was one of them. 

I admire Patti Smith as a woman and artist but I don't really like her music. It's not my thing. 

@Appleblossom @Arizona 

I can empathise with you about what it's like to be an educated, yet lonely woman.

I also studied Linguistics at uni...it taught me to never underestimate the power of language...

And so: here are some quotes, hopefully they get you through next time the going gets tough:

"I am powerful and I love it!"

"I peacefully allow my life to unfold"

"I relax knowing I can handle it all"

...famous quotes from 'Feel the fear and do it anyway' by Susan Jeffers, PhD in Psychology. If you're ever feeling anxious, I highly recommend this read!

Thanks for expressing your feelings here. I can identify. 

I really like

Looking out my window

Watching the sky change

From day to night

It tunes me in

To the coming night time

I much prefer night time 

It makes me feel safe

I'm watching it now

It is so calming 

As the light fades

And the sounds fade

Soon the sky will be dark

The stars will come out

It will be so quiet

And peaceful

I love quiet

I really treasure it

I just woke up and had a hypnopompic hallucination where I saw a large spider crawling down the wall. This has happened to me many times before. I wonder why I always see (usually large) spiders when I have hypnopompic hallucinations? For a moment I think it is real and it scares the shit out of me.

What is going on for me today...

1. My anxiety is very bad today. I can feel it in my chest and solar plexus area. It is very intense.

2. Lately I can't write or express myself like I usually can. I don't know why.

3. I watched a video of Thich Nhat Hanh talking about loneliness last night. It was very helpful. 

I just did a 10 minute meditation for anxiety and panic attacks. It was difficult but I did it. My whole body is wound up and my thoughts are intrusive. 

I will try to meditate again later tonight.

https://youtu.be/uLFN3cJ9Nyw

I'm so grateful to be in my bed with my Pug and my hot water bottle under my feet. I'm going to sleep now. It's been a rough day. 

I'm in a really bad mood 

I don't know why

I feel angry and frustrated 

I'm probably angry and frustrated with my life

I can't get in touch with my feelings 

I can't connect with myself

I feel like there's no point in even writing 

I feel like there's no point in doing anything 

I feel hopeless, apathetic, defeated

I have no energy

I have no interest in life

I have no passion for anything 

I can't write or express myself like I usually can. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance