Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: A safe place to express myself

My body got so cold that I had to turn the heater on and put a jumper on and make myself a cup of tea. I'm in my bed now with my hot water bottle under my feet. The man has gone now. Now I have to cope with the general neighbourhood noise until night time. I'm going to do a breathing meditation and then I will listen to my audio book The Body Keeps the Score.

My therapist is supposed to be calling me now. I don't feel like talking to her. I don't feel like talking to anyone. I'm tired and depressed and I don't have the energy to make dinner. I just want to go to sleep. If she doesn't call me by 8pm I'm going to sleep. 

I have just woken up in a terrible state of anxiety. I can feel the trauma in my body, mostly in my legs. I'm terrified and exhausted.

I'm going to drink some water and make myself a cup of tea. 

I have changed my mind. I wrote a poem but it took me into the past and I don't want to be there. It is fine to acknowledge sad feelings from the past but I don't want to stay there.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance