Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A long rave

will be thinking of you @Adge Heart

sorry @eth, have to hang the washing out and then go to bed xoxo

I had a hernia as toddler @Adge inguinal, but got confirmed 12mths agonow have a split down the middle like a pregnant woman type one . Lifestyle related no doubt. Yay. They said best off dont get operation but could have. Exercise will fix it . Well it seemed smaller re bulge in the one action it’s noticeable in a while ago ie getting up off a bench after lying on back @Adge yeah gross . Makes my gut look even bigger prob lol

Sorry for the delay replying @Adge  I was posting a lengthy response elsewhere.

Sorry to hear you need surgery, but hopefully it means you'll be more comfortable in the not too distant future.  I'm around for a while if you want to talk more about how you're going.

@TAB  must be a fine balance doing the right exercises to improve the abdominal situation you describe.  

Night night @Shaz51 x

Hi @Shaz51@TAB@eth

My hernia is directly caused by the massive amount of scar tissue, left from my emergency bowel surgeries (when they left the wound split).

The surgeon actually said & confirmed that today - it was not caused by anything that I did, & was unavoidable (unfortunately).

That partly explains my high levels of distress - I've done everything I could to avoid getting a hernia (or any complications from past surgeries).

Yet nothing I did to care for myself, or to avoid it made any difference - I've got major complications needing surgery, anyway.

Adge

Damn @Adge.  I feel for you.  Hope this next surgery is the last for a very long time.

Far out . Sorry @Adge

Good night @Adge @TAB @CheerBear  signing out now.  Hope you all rest well tonight and start tomorrow refreshed.

Good morning, @CheerBear@eth@Exoplanet@greenpea and everyone,

I say 'good morning', but really it's not yet 3am here (4am daylight savings time).

Nonetheless I'm happy to report I have had five hours sleep, in one miraculous continuous block, since going to bed early last night. Glad to be now finding the recent reduction of anti-depressant dose is starting to have the desired effect of allowing me more sleep, after six weeks or more of less than four hours a day.

That's my grand news for the moment. Was glad to get tags in messages from @eth and @Exoplanet in yesterday's mail. Love to you both. 

Thinking of all suffering from heatwave. Stay as cool as possible friends! Heart

Hey @Mazarita  such good news that you had such a great block of sleep last night.  The lowered dose of ad sounds like it's taking you in the right direction.  I had a 4 hr block and then a 3 hr block so I feel much more rested than usual too.  It makes such a difference to the 1 1/2 hr blocks I've been having for weeks now - usually at least 6 naps overnight.  But even that has been better than it was for a long time in that I haven't been waking up in a panic state and have been able to go back to sleep readily (after my cig that is!).

Really hoping you can stay creatively focussed as your sleep balances out gently.

Good morning to anyone else around today.

Morning everyone 👋
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance