Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A long rave

Hello Everyone 🙂

I got the new battery yesterday, oh my goodness it was a big day! I also did Aldi's & Woolworths {for the things Aldi's doesn't have}, the chemist for my herbal supplies & Coles for my smokes . . . & I went to Bunnings for a bunch of potting mix & fertilizers {grabbed a cheap 1/2 clam shell for the puppies to cool off in too 🙂 }. The evaporative water air cooler has gone all day, though I had to change inverters as it did have some hic-ups & it stopped about 4pm, but that's much better than the 10 minutes {if that} that the car battery was giving us. The staffy even came in today, so I'm guessing it got a bit warm outside, he often spends all day out. Inside didn't get over 35, as far as I know from when I checked - though that's still to warm for me, sitting right in front of the cool air I didn't notice it 🙂 

Great to hear your still enjoying the creative storm @Mazarita, even if it is oddly combined with needing matchsticks to keep your eyes open. I think maybe feeling tired is better than being wired 24/7 & perhaps given a little more time a bit more sleep might creep in. Heart

It's lovely to hear about the new kitten @CheerBear 😄 The innocents of babes is not an entirely human thing 😉 

Hello @eth @outlander @Appleblossom @greenpea @Teej @saturnzoon @Shaz51

Love to all that need or want it Heart

@ExoplanetHi Exoplanet yeah here got to 36 degrees!! (the local temp gauge said). Did some yoga this morning then went out for a lil while with daughter not much to report just attempting to stay cool :)xx.

Big hello to @Mazarita@outlander@CheerBear@eth as well 🙂 xxxx

ok Ive missed a chapter of the story @Exoplanet sorry .. where do you live? as in no power etc? Im looking a different housing options soon, prob fathers house or a tent the way things are going lol 

Well done on your big day yesterday @Exoplanet and great to hear you have some cooling to escape the heat with 🙂 I have spent a bit of time with a staffy pup over the last weeks (made me think of you and your staffy a couple of times). We bought him a clam shell pool thingy for his xmas present (closest mine have to a cousin yet!) and he loves it! He often takes himself out for a sit in his pool throughout the day when it is hot. Very much agree with the innocence of babes, even the not human kinds of ones 😊

Big hi back to you too @greenpea 🙂👋

way to go my @Exoplanet Heart

Hello @CheerBear, @Mazarita, @TAB, @greenpea

Hi all @Mazarita @CheerBear @TAB @greenpea @Exoplanet  @Zoe7  @outlander and @Shaz51 

Hope the evening has brought the relief of some cool to all who are having the heat wave.  We're having it here too.  Not sure how I'll go with the planned beach walk early afternoon tomorrow with my support worker.  But I'll give it a good effort.  Went to a different beach for lunch today and the sea breeze more than compensated for the heat elsewhere.

It's been great to read your posts @Mazarita and @Exoplanet .  I'm not up to lengthy responses but very happy to hear how productive your days have been both of you.

Wondering if anyone's around for a chat tonight?

Hi @Adge  how are you travelling tonight?

Hi everyone.

Hernia surgery has just been booked for 6th of March - 4 day stay in hospital.
I've just seen the surgeon today - he said the hernia surgery is urgent.

It's serious, as GP said 4 months ago - although I had no way of getting confirmation of that, until today.

I was expecting the surgeon to disagree with the GP, & minimise my situation.

Instead, he said it must be operated on, or it will only get worse.

A relief to finally have it seen to.

Adge

Haha @eth I remember not that long ago when in SA and 5 days over 35 was a heatwave lol prob averaged 40 here over last 2 wks ok with like 2 coolest days at 35 lol

Hi @eth How are you?

I'm feeling rather overwhelmed & distressed by everything that's happened recently.

Don't have anyone with me to express it to (in person).

We'll get there.

Adge

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance