Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday// Managing your anxiety during uncertain times - with WayAhead // Tues 25th August, 7-8:30PM AEST

Oh, that's a shame. I thought someone would be speaking and we would be able to ask questions and share.

Re: Topic Tuesday// Managing your anxiety during uncertain times - with WayAhead // Tues 25th August, 7-8:30PM AEST

Anxiety or feeling anxious is one of the ways our mind helps to prep our bodies for that fight or flight response. For some, anxiety can help to motivate them to perform better. While for others, it can affect them in a negative and unhelpful way.

We all feel anxious some time. However, when these anxious feelings and worries don’t go away, thus making it challenging for us to function in our daily lives or happen to us without any particular reasons, it may be the sign of anxiety disorder.

Hi @Peonies 

@I'm in hospital. I can't stay I'm sorry. 
hope it's a good night. 

Hello @Tan1 , 

Welcome to our event! We are just getting started with our discussion! Our special guest have just posted her respond Smiley Happy 

@Wicked , ask away my friend  @SallyMartin Is hear to answer any questions  

For me it's been intrusive thoughts mostly based on the past esp. when under pressure.

what would you recommentd as the best method to address anxiety caused by Covid and lack of social support due to isolation

Hi Sally,  

I've joined in tonight to hopefully learn more about the best ways to support people in my workplace who are struggling and/or anxious. 

One thing I'm doing is limiting exposure to the news.

@Tan1 

@SallyMartin will be sharing more tips a little later on the night if you want to stay for a little longer! 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance