Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Lacking direction, unsure of what I need to do and generally just fed up.......

@MDT

you are not a loser,  please don't ever think that. you never know what surprises next year has in store for you. It may turn out to be your year 🌞

Re: Lacking direction, unsure of what I need to do and generally just fed up.......

Thank you @Schitzo 🙂

I editted my CV and uploaded it to seek even though i really didn't want to

a victory I think

nothing else to say for today

night all

sounds like me in early 20 s @MDT  things may need a push

@MDT  I can hear you are sad. You don’t have to be sorry.

Life can take some different , and unexpected turns. I know it’s a rough time right now, but hang in there.

Take care. 💙💙

Hi

@MDT  wrote

I feel like a loser because I probably am.

The pits - life can only get better if you shake of the cloudThe pits - life can only get better if you shake of the cloud

Aw Hamza - that is such a bleak statement - you must feel drained and helpless to say that - and I believe you feel that - but I don't agree - I think you are much better than that - and you need to take stock - and it sounds as if you are in the process of doing that and I hope things feel better for you as you work through it

So you are working in the public service - and it is not what they sold you when you started there - and I really understand that. You definitely need something more stimulating - the politics are tough and I think that people working there are forced into unhappy situations - it sounds as if your job entirely lacks imagination - 

At this stage almost any job would be better - so it seems - you sound totally exhausted and disillusioned

I could say forget about your HECS debt and study something that would stimulate you. Did you finish a degree? - and whether you finished or not - what were you studying? And did you enjoy it?

What I did - and  suggest this to you - is to study something you really like without thinking too much about what you will do with studies in that area. I am a writer and I got into English, Philosophy and Linguistics etc - and I really did enjoy myself. It really enhanced my whole life and yes - my writing improved because of what I was studying. Every day of my life is better because of what I studied and I made my choices - not what other people suggested

It's vital to make your own choices - it empowers you - you can become your own person enhancing your own life

The job you have now is destroying you - it is so obvious - if you choose to stay there - there is a way of making it your job - taking it own like a challenge - but the environment sounds arid - and I know there are places like that

All the best Hamza - 

Dec

Hi @Owlunar as usual you pose some thought provoking things.

I'll answer your questions in order.

Yes I finished a degree in 2018. I did a BA majority in government and international relations. Yes I enjoyed it. Very much so.
It hasnt got me anywhere.

You are right that presently my job is crushing me. Today I feel terrible.

I am thinking of contacting my psych and asking him to fill out an application for medical leave.

Idk. I am in all sorts today and sad. Depressed and feeling hopeless.

I actually am the most stuck I have ever been before in my life. I'm really tired atm too.

I hate a lot right now.

I'm sorry. I may go to hospital tonight after work because I am having SI

Hi @MDT, I'm really sorry to hear things are tough for you at the moment and that you feel stuck. I'm also seeing a lot of insight as you're able to identify what might be happening for you and start putting plans in place to manage and cope with this. I hope things will start to feel better soon. 

TideisTurning

@MDT 

That's being very honest and realistic Hamza - I know it's hard to work out when to act on making changes and seeing your doctor is a good idea

Frankly - staying in a job you hate until you have SI is a sign you have given it all you can - and working in Government and International Relations would be great - where you are now has been draining your confidence - you can do much better

I wish you the best - how tired you must be

And congrats on your degree - I graduated with BA (Hons) back in 1993 - one of the great moments of my life - it took me 12 years studying part time and I was middle-aged when I got there - we need those great moments to carry us forward - it has been a battle for you at this job

It can only get better if you make a new start

Dec

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance