Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Enter a subject?

@The-red-centaur I've been wondering how you've been and hoping your mum's visit went well. Sorry to hear about the shock of surgery. But I'm glad you're getting looked after and hoping you're on the mend.

@BossBaby thank you. 

My mum went home yesterday. The visist could have been worse. 

I haven't been coping the best after surgery.  I'm so tired amd can barely more. I can't lie down and even going to the toilet is excruciating.  

@The-red-centaur 

Oh no! 

I had heart palpitations for the first time in ages on Friday. So I am still definitely negotiating coping strategies with family and work. 

I hope you can find relief from the pain. 

How are you recovering @The-red-centaur ?

Thinking of you.

@tyme @BossBaby 

It's been hard recovering from the surgery. The pain has been intense but slowly getting better. 

I've been really sleepy and overwhelmed. Having a hard time adjusting to the pain medications. 

I went out for first time today. We went for a drive to the beach. It felt good to get some sea air. 

I have to take it really easy the next 6 weeks. No lifting, bending over, stretching, straining. I have to be careful going to the toilet. 

I was scared I was getting an infection coz I started to swell everywhere. The Dr said it's probably just my reaction to anaesthesia and medications. It should resolve on its own. 

Mentally I'm doing a little better. Mum is back at her home. My birthday is over. I just have to rest and recoup

I feel down. 

Hey @The-red-centaur, sorry to hear that you are not that great at the moment. Please stay connected on the Forums and share your thoughts with your peers. We are here to support you!! RiverSeal 

@RiverSeal I feel so overwhelmed it all. My health isn't great. I'm still recovering from my op. My shoulder dislocated again yesterday. My blood count keeps dropping making me so tired. 

I have a friends party this afternoon. I really can't be bothered going. But I know I need to go and I know it would be good for me. 

I'm so over it all. I have thoughts about giving up when I get home from my friends. I don't want to do this anymore. 

Sounds tough recovering from an operation and your shoulder dislocating @The-red-centaur. I can understand why you don't feel like going out with these issues going on. We do tend to fall into retracting from people when we don't feel great and sometimes that isn't the best option. Connection is really important and when our mood is low it can be uplifting. What has worked for you in the past when you have felt like this?

Do you need to reach out for a little extra support from crisis support services and have a chat with someone? It can be really beneficial to speak to someone when we don't feel great and help us work through our thoughts.

RiverSeal 

@RiverSeal idk I'm just tired. In on my way fo the event. It's a bit of a drive. Might distract me. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance