Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: CHRISTIAN CHAT & WORSHIP PRAISE PRAYER SUPPORT FUN PEACE LOVE JOY (NO DEBATING) RELAX :)

@Former-Member were glad you're able to find a place to connect with us here in the forum community, we are here for you.

Re: CHRISTIAN CHAT & WORSHIP PRAISE PRAYER SUPPORT FUN PEACE LOVE JOY (NO DEBATING) RELAX :)

Yeh, thanks Appleblossom, Billybutton, I know 💙 can't see my scars etc here online lol.

I'm aware a lot of it is in my head (faulty thinking (MI) and not necessarily others,  it's hard to know what's real sometimes, And some people actually play on that insecurity  (the human heart is currupt), besides, beaking into ANY new gP is hard.
Just gotta find sanctuary with God at home as much as possible. Haha, like the oldest man who lived (Mathusela ?spelling) he lived away from everyone up on a mountain 😯lol). 

But not sanctuary at home here atm, caos reigns as swiitching rooms...stuff everywhere :face_with_rolling_eyes:... and I found a lot of mouse poo yuk!..  extra cleaning, don't know how they're getting in... already trapped x5... hate terminating / flushing the cute little things 😞

Terrible news re floods. I love all those western Sydney / Hawkesbury River areas (old stamping grounds). Definitely hard times for many. Lighting a candle in prayer for them all 🙏

@Appleblossom, what do you say when people ask if you work?

Eg Last night I said I am embracing semi retirement and I am physically disabled, but still keep some work going ...which is the truth ... better for everyone to keep a little work going.  work is good for the soul and spending money.

Funny thing is that both people who asked me that question recently DO NOT work ...  Also recently I felt abused by a younger woman who bullied me about her work, but she has never had kids and is only working part time anyway ... SHe is always doing the standover Christian I am better than you line ...its a thing ... I am over it ... Done so much unpaid work.  I now get to decide what is work ... its work dealing with social BS. @Former-Member  Everybody is a little defensive.  I am learning to be less open.

OK, maybe I can make something up. Maybe it's another way of asking "what's your hobbies?" Or what do you do? I'm a bit over conversation these days. Never thought I'd ever say that, having been such an open chatterbox all my life, but maybe talk is overrated. Especially now we have texting and emails and Google... Or maybe I'm just too low on energy.

I think maybe I was too open and need to try again somewhere else 😟

@

Good day for reading, and I like your idea of getting out children's music books to keep up sight reading skills.

They were given to me be another teacher, and I had not read them yet.

@Former-Member Once a lady approached me about the "work" conversation.  She had her answers ready.  It also can get funny when people tie you down about hours.  A lot of my work has been outside 9-5 anyway.  

20210313-120406_1.jpeg

20210312-223651_1ee.jpeg

I'll figure it out, "greater is He that is in me than he that in the world (or my head)" 🙏💙

@Former-Member 

Mr Darcy has pretty much attended church despite his mental health issues however he has rarely been to church since his cancer diagnosis as he has more often than not been too unwell. His contribution varied, when hypermanic he was suggesting and organising too many events and couldn't understand why people were not keen on running them or attending them. When acute he didn't contribute so much but post crisis he did a bit of lay preaching (which he was good at).  

He struggled to find friendships, despite people being very kind. I truly believe that in spite of all the reservations I had about our previous move, that God, in his mercy, provided us with a church of 'understanding' people, who showed nothing but kindness to Mr Darcy & I  in spite of all he went through.  Since moving here, Mr Darcy has not made any local friends but thankfully some family and old friends have visited.

Oh dear @Former-Member it sounds like it's been so hard. And now this terminal illness. Moving creates barriers. Glad you had a good Christian family for a while.
"All just walking each other home"
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance