Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

complexity
Contributor

Guilt

I would just like to share my amazement & sorrow that I have just discovered so many of us here feel we are not worthy? or perhaps feel we are wasting time & resources if/when help is needed. For me,this is a giant hurdle to stop and remember I AM worth the time/effort/resource.

9 REPLIES 9
greenpea
Senior Contributor

Re: Guilt

@complexity Hi complexity you are definately worth all the time and the trouble.

I don't suffer from guilt per se but at times like I am sure many would feel, I wish I had done things differently. Speaking for myself I do keep on trying my best and if I stumble I brush myself off and try again.

Ya Hi dear @complexity

I have felt guilty for no reason, and it stems I think from abuse by my mother.  Also have felt, shame and self-blame too, also a product of the abuse.

I'm sorry you feel that way, but I don't suffer from feelings of guilt very often, that seems not to be one of my issues. The only time I do is when deeply depressed, otherwise, I'm okay with myself. Is your guilt linked to any type of emotion, such as depression/sadness, or does it happen all the time or periodically for no apparent reason? Why do you feel guilty? If you understood why, would it make things worse or better, do you think? (Sorry for all the questions...) Best wishes, Spirit

Pebbles
Senior Contributor

Hello 🙂

Thanks for sharing that @complexity, it sounds like you are gaining great insight there. We really can be so harsh on ourselves with judgement and unrealistic ideas at times can't we. 

I've just moved you this thread to a new topic which will potentailly reach more of the community members.

Love hearing that, I AM WORTH THE TIME/EFFORT/RESOURCES- YES WE ARE 🙂

Hello there.  

I'm just now dealing with so much of my stuff........ Guilt. Depression. All chronic, low grade stuff. Quite unsettling........ Like returning from a time away from home and seeing it with new eyes, quite dusty, a bit untidy even and in need of a coat of paint. I used to have a thing about the scarab beetle- being "under turd". Well, I'm not destined to that S#!ty life; nor a butterfly's ephemerality. 

My feelings have been there all along and I'm getting along with them better each day. Getting better at stuff is quite good. Get a goal, keep a note book, reward progress, Patience will deal with anger, even self-anger. Patience will sometimes reveal new perspectives. Could be hard. Certainly worth it. 

greenpea
Senior Contributor

@Glenn  Hi Glenn I have loads of guilt of which I am working through with my psychiatrist. She said to me unfortunately there is no magic pill to take away guilt it takes time and work to come to terms with the past and be able to move on. For me it feels like a darkness is pulling me away from the light. It is easy for the dark to succeed as it is a known quantity .I have to keep fighting it as it has a hold on my heart.

nashy
Senior Contributor

Hey @greenpea  you have a lot of fight in you. We are all sitting alongside you on the SANE Forums Heart Love this line.

"I have to keep fighting it as it has a hold on my heart."

BlueBay
Senior Contributor

Hi @complexity 

I feel very guilty for having a mental illness. Because I can’t work more hours to help with our financial stress 

I blame myself. 

Guilt plsys a big part in my mind. 

greenpea
Senior Contributor

@nashy  Hey nashy thank you so much for your kind words. I really appreciate them in my battle against my mi. xxxx

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance