Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

LostAngel
Senior Contributor

Brave Face /todays achievements /special someone worries

Hello everyone I will be getting straight to the point,Ive been very good at keeping myself busy and distracted this week even though at times I have kind of suffered in silence that is Im showing a brave front to those around me as if everythings fine and just fighting my own battles quietly un be knowns to those around me,Although I still am striving through the good stuff and not so good stuff in the everyday situations ect ,keeping things almost compartmentalised in order to deal with each thing at a time ,also does anyone on here have that feeling of others being more deserving of help or support rather than yourself,aka distracting yourself by cheering up those around you rather than acting like you need help or cheering up anyway the point is we all face things sometimes alone and sometimes you need alot of patience not to mention perserverance to keep moving forward rather than staying in one place,Todays acheivements are I rested alot,rang an aunt to talk,kept up my boundaries and showed a sense of Happiness for others achievements,had a hot shower,watched youtube videos stay safe everyone Ill try to sleep

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Brave Face /todays achievements /special someone worries

Thanks for sharing, LostAngel, good to hear updates on your progress. Well done. 

Dear LostAngel,

Great that you are making some progress. We all do this in our own way and time.

I think being self aware and giving ourselves permission to struggle for a while is both ok and necessary.

Here is my last week.....

Day 1 I crashed. but I didn't quit my job or drink. I needed a sedative.

Day 2 I made my bed and didn't drink. I needed a sedative.

Day 3 I made my bed and did a load of washing and didn't drink. I went without a sedative.

Day 4 I rang some friends, made my bed, cleaned the kitchen windows and didn't drink. I didn't need a sedative.

Day 5 I reached out for help at this site, received some support, felt a little better and allowed myself a port nightcap. I didn't take a sedative.

Day 6 I started picking up the pieces of my work situation and made some small decisions. I have put my sedatives away.

Day 7.......that's tomorrow and I hope it will be better still.

thoughts and loving kindness to you.

thank you both ,special someone worries and thoughts have been whats gotten to me latelty for the main reason of not seeing him in person for month now ,sometimes Im caught between the feelings and thoughts that I want to express but hold back from expressing,frankly Ive been angry,upset ,crying at times all because I just miss him anyway other times Ive thought more hopefull thoughts and other times I feel like when I do or at times I think if I see him again theres going to be some kind of arguement ,I kind of wanna yell at him for not bothering to be there in person,yes he has been there by message but its not the same,I need physical quality time ,have felt extremely lonely ,but have had to keep going with my daily life despite thinking constantly,and missing,maybe I should have a non emotional attitude like he seems to have,im torn between forgiving him and treating him as though everythings fine like he didnt upset me just to keep the peace, or go off at him asking point blank,and telling him all about the kind of thoughts ive been having,or just carry on as if yeah im fine but close off eventually

Well done to both of you @LostAngel @JourneyG !

Very impressive!

I want you to know that MH by nature has ups and downs. It is OK to slip. The main thing is getting up again, which you have both shown to do!

Thank you for sharing your achievements 🙂 Feel free to visit Daily Achievements! and sharing your achievements no matter how great or small - I always find this thread helpful. It puts things in perspective.

BPDSurvivor

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance