Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Support for L-B

Just relieved about the public holiday this week so pressure is temporarily off.

So true @L-B . Hope it's a good break for you 🙂 

Hi @tyme @Asgard @Jynx @PinkFlamingo @L-B 

I might try the smiling mind app too. I haven’t heard of it before. I tend to crave junk food as well. 

I hope you are feeling a bit better after having today off @L-B 

Thinking of you and hoping things are getting easier for you 

Hey @Oaktree ,

I'm so so glad you tried the Smiling Mind app too.

I NEVER used to like mindfulness/meditation, but after persisting with it on this app, it somehow 'clicked' and I swear by it now. 

Looking into the research behind mindfulness has been a real eye opener, and tells me I can gain more control of my body than I think I can. However, i also think my encounter with this was at the perfect time. If I was any younger, I don't think I would have responded to it as well as I have.

And yes @Oaktree , the craving program on the app really helps me get through the cravings. It's pretty remarkable.

Hope you're okay @L-B  and had a good rest on the public holiday.

Thanks for your enquiries @tyme @Oaktree @Asgard @Jynx about my well being. I've exercised and meditated more this week which has been amazing but still had a poor sleep worrying about my job. It's challenging even with a strategy in place. Hoping lifestyle factors along with problem solving at work will kick in with greater effect over time.

Please let us know how it goes. It'll take time and hard work, but you may be looking back in a few years time and thinking...oh? Look how far I've come! @L-B 

For me, i know that when the time was 'right', the recovery just happened... i did more work in a space of 2 years than I did for a decade beforehand...

Time and hard work...not so bad @tyme when you're taking it a moment at a time! 

Hearing you @L-B ! Sometimes for me, it was about getting through the next 5 mins. It wasn't even about getting through the hour or the day. That's how hard things got. 

Only you know how much to push yourself. 

Just know we are here cheering you on 🙂

It's been making a great difference @tyme! In the light of recent media events, having a diagnosis of schizophrenia and also managing a relationship break up and with the start of a new job I've been tested and pushed but taking it one moment at a time there are glimmers of hope. And a cheer squad rocks!

That is so encouraging to hear @L-B . Also remember, YOU are the one doing the hard work. Yes, we can cheer you on, but YOU are the one launching into the deep.

Well done 🙂

giphy

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance