Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Knitting

Thank you for sharing @maddison ! The bracelets look awesome! Now I can see how relaxing it can be making them - wow.

Hello @maddison @Gwynn @tyme @Eve7 @Former-Member @Shaz51 @Former-Member @hanami @Daisydreamer @Ellie4 and all forumites here. 

I’m posting a photo of another beanie I’ve just completed for charity. This is beanie 29 for the donation pile for the Salvation Army I’m working on with 2 more to go until I reach my goal of 31 beanies that I’ve decided to do. 

87C53129-3FF3-427A-AE59-4059086E4451.jpeg

Take care!

Judi9877☺️💐🧶🌻

Former-Member
Not applicable

Morning @Judi9877, very cute colour combo you worked with there, and way to go with beanie number 29! Only two more till you reach your goal 😊

This is so lovely @Judi9877 ! I love the colour combo too. It must be so satisfying to be almost at your goal ❤️

hanami

Good afternoon @hanami @Gwynn @Former-Member @tyme @maddison @Daisydreamer @Former-Member and all crafty people here. Thanks for all the great comments about my beanies- much appreciated! See below for a photo of beanie 30 I completed on Thursday at my sisters house whilst waiting around for my housemate to have an appointment in the city. I’m sorry it’s upside down! I’m now working on beanie 31 as we speak.

5DA145DD-0160-447C-B445-1284ADB3E0B6.jpeg

This afternoon, I’ve decided that I’m going to spend some time working on my crochet granny square blanket as I lost my crochet hook on Thursday only to find out today that my housemate had brought a crochet kit for me to teach her how to crochet and it had the hook size (4.25mm) that I lost so I’m now borrowing it off her until my new one arrives in the mail that I ordered on Thursday night. I have a real need to crochet right now for some reason and I’m do ding that it’s making me feel calm, relaxed and centred if that’s the right word to use. There’s something about crocheting that’s different to knitting and I know I need to take a break from knitting my current adult charity blanket as I’m getting a little bored of it to be honest. Crocheting is calming and I like the process of moving the hook through the yarn (I only use acrylic as it’s all I can afford with the exemption of a cable scarf that I’m currently in the process of knitting for my housemate’s mother for the endless time after losing the wool in the last house move and that wool was purchased from Bendigo Woollen Mills as my housemate’s mother picked out the colour and the wool for me to knit for her) in order to make a blanket. It’s just something special and therapeutic that I enjoy and love if that’s possible. I’ll post a photo of my blanket later when I’m finished the section I want to complete- currently using orange wool in that section right now. I’m hoping to make the blanket big enough for me with the additional colour of lilac and then maybe white to add to my blanket. 

Take care!

Judi9877☺️🧶💐

Gosh @Judi9877  I can’t keep up with you.

Well done!

Good evening @Judi9877 @Eve7 @Gwynn @hanami @Former-Member 

It has been a while since I visited here. I really have to get back into crocheting my baby blanket. My friend in America has a baby due in May an I have hardly started. 

Lots of love to everyone xxx

Meggle

Gwynn
Senior Contributor

Lovely to see you again, @Oaktree! 🙂 How have you been? Exciting news for your friend about the baby - best wishes to mother and bub! 😄

Thanks @Gwynn 

I have been well but a little stressed lately. I started studying at university. I am only doing two units but it’s a lot for someone not used to doing anything. It’s going ok at the moment. 

Thanks for the best wishes for my friend. It is an exciting time. This will be her third baby and she already has a girl and a boy. This time they are having another little girl. I am pretty excited.

How are you doing?

Meggle

Gwynn
Senior Contributor

Yeah, uni can be tough, particularly when your subjects aren’t complementary. I know that when I do two at once, I’m always feeling pulled between them, which isn’t a good feeling! Have you made contact with your uni library? I’ve heard that students who use the library get better results. Hope your stress can be resolved soon.

Tell your friend she has to name her bundle of joy after you 😉

On the whole, I’ve been going well, but I need to get cracking on uni. Got any tips for me?

Looking forward to seeing your blanket as it grows for baby. 😊 I’m glad you’ve found your way back to us.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance