Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recovery Club

Re: Knitting

Good morning @Oaktree @Gwynn @Eve7 @hanami @Former-Member @Shaz51 @tyme @Daisydreamer and all forumites here. 

@Oaktree I’m so proud that you’re getting back into crocheting. Well done! I look forward to seeing your baby blanket as I’m curious to see what colours you’re planning to use. I’m still crocheting my own granny square blanket that I started last month after having a run in with SI that I got back into after picking up my mental health pieces. I find that crochet is a great way of helping me focus and slow down which I often need when things aren’t going well for me. It has helped which I’m really grateful for which is the main thing. That snd my knitting are 2 of my coping strategies that help and I’m proud that I’ve got these skills to help me deal with my mental health issues as I get to be creative yet practice mindfulness at the same time whilst producing a item for someone such a charity or even for myself. 

As for other news, I have officially completed my 31st beanie for the Salvation Army donation pile as of last night and I took a photo of all the beanies I’ve completed since starting the project at the end of December last year. See below for the photos. I’m really proud of knitting these beanies as it gave me a goal to work towards and I’m proud that I achieved it. Knitting  beanies is fun and enjoyable for me, especially when I’m going through a rough period as I find the knitting pattern of the beanie gives me something to focus on and my troubles seem to disappear when I’m knitting them, especially the bottom rib section where I’m forced to concentrate on the pattern of knitting and purling. It gives me something to do and I like how I can be creative with different colours in the beanies to make them each different and unique. I also know that my beanies are appreciated as it gives people something to keep their heads warm during the colder months which is special as well. 

FE63F9EC-8454-4ADA-A28F-5C0095A0B3FE.jpeg

502EE417-6AFF-4D50-92A7-41C99D8B9A06.jpeg

I’m sorry that the photos are upside down - I don’t know how to change the settings to make them go the right way up. I hope you like my beanies! The last photo below is of Beanie 31 of the collection.

4B0250D1-8EDF-48D4-91FC-108D60556E23.jpeg

 Okay. Time for me to go and chill. I’m hoping to get some more knitting and crochet done today to help fill in my day as I’ve got the house to myself as my housemate is at court for a hearing which I’m hoping will go well for her. 

Enjoy your crafts forumites and I look forward to seeing some photos of the wonderful things you’ve created!

Judi9877☺️💐🧶🌻

Hi there @Gwynn @Oaktree @Eve7 @hanami @Former-Member @tyme @Daisydreamer @Shaz51 and all other forumites joining here today. I hope you are travelling well and are enjoying yourself. I cdd add me across a lite funny saying about knitting that I think is quite appropriate. See below for the photo!

93CC94A5-B690-4182-910F-E2094B82C99F.jpeg

 Now, time to get back and retreat to knitting my new beanie!

Judi9877☺️🧶🐰

Hello @Gwynn @Oaktree @Eve7 @hanami @Former-Member @Daisydreamer @tyme @Shaz51 @maddison @Paperdaisy and everyone here. Long time, no post for me so I’m posting a few things I’ve completed over the past few weeks such as my jumper in 12ply yarn that I started on Christmas Day and finished before I went away and a beanie I completed whilst away. 

CFFE7F4E-FC4F-4834-A5A2-0835BF5A9801.jpeg

AF40A753-EA01-4475-8353-41F5429B92D0.jpeg

 The jumper is a little big for me but is lovely and warm and I really like it! The beanie is from yarn I picked up in Bairnsdale Spotlight for a total of $2.63 so I’ve also got enough yarn leftover to make another beanie which I’m currently working on now. I hope you like my items that I knitted!

I found that when I left my anxiety meds at home, knitting really helped to calm me down and relax me so I’m quite proud that I’ve got knitting as a skill and coping mechanism in my toolbox to help me get through life’s troubles and issues. It’s a very calming hobby when you find a pattern like a beanie that you can just work on and not worry about making mistakes. I’ve also ordered some more wool called Starlight in a purple colour from Spotlight that arrived earlier this week as I enjoyed working with the sparkly green yarn for the beanie and want to knit myself another jumper after enjoying making my new jumper that I posted earlier. I just have to finish a size 3 kids jumper for charity that is currently on my knitting needles before I can start working on my new jumper just for me. 

Take care!

Judi9877☺️🧶💐

You are so productive @Judi9877 

Well done!

💚💜💙❤️🧡

I love this jumper @Judi9877 . I'm a little envious. It looks very cosy. Well done. 

I finished a pet blanket few days ago. I'm working on a beanie now.

@Judi9877 

Your jumper is lovely well done! I wish I had someone to actually show me how to knit one. I started one but stopped because I didn’t understand the pattern. It gets complicated especially around the neck. You are a rockstar!!!

Meggle

Hello  @Gwynn @Oaktree @Eve7 @hanami @Paperdaisy  @tyme @Shaz51 @Former-Member @Judi9877  & everyone

I finished my crochet beanie yesterday. I like how it turned out. I used a YouTube tutorial ( I can't read patterns either @Oaktree 🙂 trying to learn) I used size 4.5 hook. I really like this colour green. Happy knitting everyone!

20220509_082847.jpg

  

Here is link to tutorial if anyone is interested in having a go.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TjQYmwvwVqo 

Oh this is super cute @maddison ! I love it. My daughter and I went through a knitting fad some years back. It's so relaxing but I got too impatient to get to the finished product. A youtube video is great for instructions. Well done, you!

😍

hanami 💮

Thankyou so much

@hanami ☺️

It's so nice to get compliments on my hard work💗 thankyou

You summed up my knitting emotions perfectly....'relaxing' & 'impatient'..haha..

Maddison 🧚‍♀️🧚🧚‍♂️🧚

Awesome work @maddison 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance