Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Djarlo
Casual Contributor

Generalised anxiety disorder

Hi

Wondering if anyone has experienced any severe anxiety

I am struggling to function daily worrying alot I've seen counsellor and they haven't really helped

Feel constantly on edge about life money and struggles and it's manifested physically so I feel light on my feet and often have to hold onto stuff as I feel I might fall over 

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Generalised anxiety disorder

Hi @Djarlo ,

Thanks for sharing what has been happening for you recently.

It takes a lot of courage to reach out and share. 

I'm sorry to hear you have anxiety around daily things. In the current climate, it is understandable that finances and struggles are on your mind.

Have you spoken to a GP or health professional about your lightheadedness in that you have to hold onto things to stop yourself from falling? There could be a range of different things going on including your anxiety being a trigger.

It would be good if you could speak to a professional about it. 

I hear you have worked with a counsellor but you haven't found it helpful?

Do you find you are able to be in control of your breathing in order to kerb your anxiety?

Hi @Djarlo
i have been living with anxiety for a really long time and tried a few different things, different supports, medication and things
So your definitely not alone
Sorry I’m not much help tonight I have the brain capacity of a peice of spinach tonight but just know you are definitely not alone, talk soon

Thanks have had a few major personal things happen recently but think I need to get checked out by a GP as lost all my confidence with it and recently started a new job where it's affecting me 

@Djarlo Sounds familiar!!

Just having one major life event happen is a big deal, having a few in a short space of time is incredibly challenging and we need to be kind to ourselves and give time for things to settle down.

Worrying about money, job insecurity, and headspace/confidence is a vicious cycle I’m going through as well.  I tend to think 3 or 4 steps ahead and that opens up a LOT of permutations to ruminate on.  

I haven’t mastered it yet but I’m trying to only think about the next, most direct action I need to take.. and leave the future to play out how it will.  In all my years of worrying and trying to predict what will happen, I have never got it right.  The universe has a far better imagination than I do, and so it is wasted effort on my part.  Tough to break the habit though 🙂

You've basically nailed exactly what's happening so much going on in my life

Single dad

New job

Money worries 

Long way from family

No support in aus

So yeah worrying about future is something I've been doing alot and it's made me very tense and jumpy at work and socially which is very very unlike me normally

Thanks for advice and I suppose it's learning to get go and trust things will go the way they will go and I can't control that 

Hey @Djarlo you're definitely on the right track - focusing on what you can control is an excellent approach. It does sound like you've got a whole lot going on right now so I think it's very fair that you're noticing more anxiety happening. Just take everything one step, one day at a time yeah? 

There's a wonderful bunch of folks who run an organisation called ARCVic (Anxiety Recovery Centre of Victoria). They have all sorts of resources on their website you can look through, as well as a national helpline (1300 269 438, Mon-Fri 10am-7pm) and support groups that run all over Australia as well as online. They might be an excellent source of support if needed 😊

Make sure diet is right eg.  'You won't go nuts if you eat nuts'...zinc and B group can make a big difficult. 

And Water..stops shaking and clears thinking.  Hold on. 🙏 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance