Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Difficulty talking to psych

☹️🥺😡😖😞🐺

Finally heard from psych after 2 weeks. Session is still on.

@TheVorticon  You have been on my mind for a few days. My recent thread and the ‘ to tag, or not to tag’ is always a problem for me.

Anyway, just letting you know you are welcome there, if you would like to be, and it’s ok not to be there also.

Two weeks is a long time to wait for a response. I’m glad your session is still on.

I hope it isn’t too stressful beforehand.

Leaving a bubble tea. 🎮🎮

Hi @Maggie.
I was glad to see your thread, to see you reaching out and talking about your stuff to others who can try to support you. I'd guess that it's been hard since CB left. To me it's really positive that you claimed a bit of space (ie. your thread) to post. I don't have a bunch of helpful words to say like the others who replied there, but I do think about you.

Thanks for your comments about the psych session. I don't know how long is normal with replies. Two weeks is fairly normal for my psych so normally I wouldn't say anything to him because it's too hard waiting like that for a reply which may never arrive. Unfortunately had no choice this time, but it was purely logistics about the session so wasn't completely awful to wait and I knew he'd eventually have to reply with something before the session was scheduled.

Thanks for the bubble tea 😄

Thanks @TheVorticon . I think the CB situation threw me, and felt really hard. I don’t make friends easily, or at all, so rejection starts to play back for a while. I’m coming to terms with it now, not that there was ever a choice, but sometimes distance helps to find perspective. It was good while it lasted.

I’m a lot like you when it comes to words. I often don’t have much to say, just that I’m listening and hearing.

I guess replies from each psych is individual. I would have thought a few days at the max, but there’s no normal it seems. I really hope the session goes as well as can be expected.

Thanks for your thoughts. I appreciate them. 🎮🎮

The session ended up ok.

I'm now trying to decide when to book in for next year. I originally said the 2nd week that he's back from holiday, because I don't want to seem dependent and needy by having an appointment as soon as he's back. But he must've forgotten what I said because when he went to confirm the appointment he's put it on that 1st week unless I prefer the 2nd week.

I'm definitely going to miss him over the break and by the time it comes around I know I'd prefer the 1st week, but I don't know how much of that is just being weak. After all I should be fine for the 2nd week, or 3rd, or never.
So I don't know what to tell him.

@Maggie yeah that's really hard with the CB thing. I wasn't expecting it and it seemed pretty sudden to me. I'm glad you've found a way to come to terms with it and enjoy the good parts of the friendship. 💛

@TheVorticon  If you can say the first week, ( I know it’s a tough one ) it sounds like the best for you. I know the ( you ) is hard also. 

I dont know why  these things are such a struggle, they just are. My counsellor will be away for 3 weeks ( I know that’s a short time compared to most), but it still feels like a looooong time.

I’m glad the session went ok.

The CB thing is an issue, if I’m honest, I just don’t want to be honest, so I say the right things ( kind of), just so I look like I’ve got it, but I haven’t. I’m just scared to connect now. ( Sigh).

Anyway @TheVorticon , I’m listening, even though I have nothing of value to offer, sometimes that’s all there honestly is.

I hope Christmas isn’t too hard a time for you, but midnight Friday, it’s over, till next year. 🌲🌲

Take care where you can. Leaving a bubbler tea, a yellow one. 🎮🎮🎮

You're right @Maggie , I probably should take the first appointment. I can't bring myself to say that to him yet though.

Sometimes 3 weeks is a long time. It's ok that it will be long for you, even if it's not the same number as other people. Time is very relative and nonlinear when it comes to these kinds of things.

It's ok to be honest about the CB thing. It was an important friendship for you and it majorly sucks that you don't have that forum connection anymore. A sense of loss and grief would be normal. Just trying to connect here and there when you can is  good, although I get that it would be scary. The fear of the pain that comes from endings, makes sense.

Listening in itself can sometimes be the most valuable thing Maggie, so thank you.

I hope your Christmas goes smoothly, ok, quickly, or however you'd prefer it to go.

Thanks for the bubble tea 🙂 I'll get you a coffee for the morning if I don't fall back to sleep first.

@TheVorticon  I hope your Christmas was ok enough.

Im here to drop off some New Year best wishes.

Thinking of you. 🎊🎊🎮🎮

Thanks @Maggie. I hope your Christmas was also ok enough, and all the best for 2021.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance