Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

lostmum19
New Contributor

Missing child

I'm new here, I have suffered with Generalised Anxiety, Manic depression and ptsd since I was young. A car accident at 17 seeing a mate pass away just sent me into a downward spiral. My best mate, my dad passed away 8 years ago. Since then I've been in and out of hospital, Tried ending it all taken any and every pill or alcohol I could. Just started getting my life back on track and late last year my daughter went missing while on a weekend away. She got swept into the ocean and has never been found.. No one understands and I have no one to talk to. I just don't know what to do any more... I'm really looking for someone who is sadly in the same situation, who wants to chat. Sorry if this is not the place to be.

4 REPLIES 4
Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Missing child

@lostmum19  Hello and welcome.
 I too am new to all this and slowly finding my way around. I have never lost a child and can not imagine the pain you must be going through. Especially in the way you lost your child also. I truely hope you find some help and peace here, there is such wonderful, helpful people. Take care 🤗

Hello @lostmum19 Whilst I am not in the same situation nor can I understand what you have been and still are going through, I do know loss - too many in-fact - and how very hard it is when there are no answers. I recently lost of very close friend through a hit and run and not having those answers is soul destroying. I still cannot believe he is gone and until we have some answers as to what happened and why I don't believe I will be able to fully grieve the loss ...so I can only image how hard it is for you not having any of those answers or being able to bury your daughter.

I also have to deal with anxiety, depression and CPTSD so can empathise with how difficult that all is too. I do hope you find people here that you can talk to and find a little comfort in sharing your experiences ..and I am more than happy to listen. 

Welcome to the forum and welcome to the community.

hi @lostmum19 

Welcome to the SANE forums! It's great to have you here and thanks for telling the community a bit about yourself.   You have shown true courage and strength to come here for some support and I'm sure our wonderful forum members will be able to offer you support, information and connection.

I'm the moderator on duty right now.   Feel free to ask the SANE forum team or the members if you need help with how to use the forum. You might like to check out the Guidelines as they can be pretty useful in understanding how it all works  https://saneforums.org/t5/help/faqpage#community-guidelines

A further place to find support is the SANE Help Centre. You can connect with a counsellor by phone or on line chat 10am to 10pm AEST Weekdays, phone 1800 187 263  https://www.sane.org/services/help-centre

Whitehawk

I am so sorry for your loss ❤️❤️❤️
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance