Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Re: Family separation

Hey @Former-Member 

Sounds like things are moving in the right direction, baby steps.

xx 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Thanks @Sunshineandsea . It's still very tough and my ex is still refusing to co operate on anything. I have started drinking again but l am going to see a social worker tomorrow.  I really need affordable housing asap.

Separation can be a hurtful, stressful and an exhausting adjustment. I’m glad you have an appointment with the social worker tomorrow. Hopefully they can help you to find the supports you need at the moment. Be kind to yourself, and be gentle with yourself x

@Former-Member 

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Sunshineandsea Thanks for your support. I appreciate your kind words. 

Hi @Former-Member ,

Please know I am thinking of you and deeply sympathetic. Loneliness. Loss and emotional pain. Betrayal at the hands of your family. So cruel. Please get some support. I know the drinking is a way to cope but it can leave you lower than when you were sober. Please make sure you eat a little and rest. Take care. 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Thanks again @Paulette for your kind words.  On a positive note despite the problems l am beginning to enjoy cooking again tonight l got a bottle of Domino's pasta sauce with mince , mushrooms and pasta. It's was delicious something l haven't had for years , enough for another meal and feeling satisfied with myself.  I have also cooked a few tuna mornays recently. 

Hi @Former-Member ,

I am so proud that you made a lovely Dolmio sauce pasta and the Tuna Mornay. All praise to you for having the strength and tenacity to cook your homemade meals in such difficult times. I also do feel sorry that you have such struggles with affordable housing. I'm with you and please keep contact on here. Hope your night is kind to you and stay warm. 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Thanks for your support @tyme 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Thanks @Paulette will do.

Hey @Former-Member , It good to hear you are finding the little things that can make you happy. 

Try not to get caught up in fairness, from experience anyone who focus's on "what's fair and what's right" usually makes the battle to get back to wellness harder as fairness usually relies on someone else to participate and as you have noted, the people who are your focus are not focused on you. 

Keep focused on your own well being. It's great reading your updates. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance