Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Re: Depression

I have been depressed since January 2007 when I first started working on my hobby. I was way over my head with my pet project & I feel better taking medication.

I do have a psychiatrist & psychologist & caseworker & NDIS & on medication.

I'm not sure. I have all my supports.

I have supports but I still get depressed. Sometimes I stay in bed.

Hi @EgaleWhale,

I really hear your struggles with depression. I'm glad you've got a good support network around you but I understand that despite having a good support network we can definitely still have our struggles. I struggled with depression for many years and I understand that it can be an all consuming, isolating experience so I'm glad you have reached out on the forums. It takes a lot of strength to reach out and express how you're feeling. I urge you to continue to reach out on these forums to gain additional support and connect with others when you need.

Take care, CalmingNature Heart

I'm feeling depressed & very tired today. I had my 1st dose covid vaccine yesterday & feeling very depressed & tired. I'm journal why I feeling so depressed. It's good to have this support board.

Aqum
Casual Contributor

Hello re depression does anybody feel so sad they cannot get out of bed?

Jynx
Peer Support Worker

Hi @Aqum just popping in to welcome to the forums 😊 I hope you find it to be a wonderfully supportive space. 

I think you'll find there are plenty of folks here who can relate to what you're talking about! Depression can certainly rob us of all our energy and those days when we just can't get out of bed can be so tough! I think for me, giving myself permission on those days to just 'be' and trying not to be too hard on myself can certainly help. 

Sorry to hear of this Owen.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance