Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Re: Bipolar and the COVID rollercoaster.....

I was thinking that having a mental illness/diagnosis has helped me in a way because I already had a counsellour, gp, support network, do self care etc before Covid. But yeah I get your point @PT14  for me in this years lockdown I have become fatigued by it and had to get two different higher level med changes/checks. Also R U Ok day has irritated me this year because its so surface level. I know the history behind the event; just this year I dont know anyone who could yes to being ok. 

Omg @JungleGiants I was irritated about R U Ok day also!!!! 
Agreed, it's so surface and those people struggling with Covid lockdowns get all the airtime. Which is good that it's being spoken about but again- it doesn't reflect our story!!

I was also sadly irritated by a couple of friends who posted all about checking in on people when I have not heard from them about anything but their own struggles. 🤷‍♀️

Also, I get a phone call from my parents every year on this day because they find my diagnosis so hard to understand. I just laugh coz it's quite humourous to me really! 

@JungleGiants I hope you're going ok and the meds are working more effectively x

@PT14 yeah have improved heaps, thanks 🙂 little relapses caused by different things got expanded on by the rona

@PT14 i havent felt this way before about the day but Covid definately changed my perspective. 

Ah no thats so annoying, I would find that hypocritical too. I have had friends get annoyed when im not writing back this year about their issues because of my own health/covid/lockdown/not interested when the worlds ending lol

I find I have quite a dark sense of humour with mental health at times for those type of interactions, and like they say, if you dont laugh youll cry. I hope the call isnt too awkward..

I hope youre going ok too, I didnt say that in my other message

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance