Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Useful resources

Re: Trauma a main reason behind MI

@Appleblossom if you are not averse to a youtube link I could find one of his presentations in English for you to have a look at if you'd like.

He is French Canadian so a lot of his presentations are in French which only helps if you can speak French, sadly je ne parle pas français. Do you?

I am sans French .. lol

its ok @Former-Member .. I often dont have time to watch long utube shows and he is generous to include many scientific articles on his site.

The article was in English but gave the gist of the level and type of research ..I was impressed.

Still inconclusive results... but a person I will return to. Thanks

@Appleblossom
He has actually joined iwith a number of people who are trying to revolutionise the angle neuroscience is viewed from. A paradigm shift.

It is post materialist in nature. In that rather than our brains operating in isolated internal autonomy, he prescribes to the theory that our brains are more akin to the receivers of say a computer interacting with wiifii signals, or television receiving its signal.

Where the technology of the television, be it black or white vs colour for example, determines the picture it transmits.

Although it receives the same information as the colour TV, a black and white tv cannot transmit the signal in colour.

So basically the new theory is if our brains are not operating on the level to receive higher transmissions, we just don't receive them and we stay and exist in the lesser sphere of the possibilities available.

In other words, perspective and thought parameters act as our filter. The higher and broader our thinking, the less we filter.

That probably is a very simplistic summation, yet still a complicated process to explain with any lucidity.

Kinda makes sense to me @Former-Member 

I can hear the strands of of well worked philosophy in your brief and lucid post.

I will keep eye open for him at library.  I am stingy with spending dollars on books now I am on the internet.

Meds kicked in so I need to retire .. but it has been Really Good getting to know you and your interests.

Night Smiley Happy

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance