Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday// BPD Awareness– Flipping the script with a special guest from Spectrum// Tues 6th October,7 pm-8:30pm AEDT

Thank you @Peonies , @JulianSpectrum   and all who participated. It has given me insight into what what it is like to live with BPD. You are all amazing people 💚

Re: Topic Tuesday// BPD Awareness– Flipping the script with a special guest from Spectrum// Tues 6th October,7 pm-8:30pm AEDT

Thank you  @JulianSpectrum , @Peonies  for a great night  xx 

"TURN OFF SELF STIGMA" That's really hard when so easily hurt Andy msrepresented. Seems to me that the world just loves kicking people when they're down. If I react (emotionally, or impulsively, as bpd does, it's like a red flag to a bull in my family, think they're funny, or right!).
There was a little chorus they'd join in singing when I was young, if I got upset ... "nobody love me... think I'll go eat worms..." my mother the chorus leader. Sucks.
The Bible talks about "renewing the mind" so in my faith I've worked on this, but its ongoing, and as BlueBay says "exhausting"
- holding it in
- not reacting
- being aware / in tune with our internal thoughts / and feelings (to address them)
- not taking everything personal
Wich of cause hurts more, and they know it, so... I run away, over and over... same with every relationship. Everyone leaves, but also, I leave everyone. Does my head in.
Self Compassion therapy &
Strength in Vulnerability" help me a lot.
Having said all that, I've withdrawn to the point of 'recluse' which is sad. Seems to me nobody wants to befriend someone whose tried to top themself, gets sad and moody, packing trust... or is that 'self stigma' ? hurts my brain lol
Good discussion 😊👍

oh i missed this one! i have BPD myself too. ill have a read back cause it sounds like some really good convos happening here

Hugs my @outlander  xx 

I

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance