Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Bimby2
Senior Contributor

Something's not right

Have been feeling down and lonely and find it hard to relate about this. Being by myself does not help as I need feedback to make myself feel a more worthy person and deserving of a lifestyle. Find I'm a little shy in social situations so am avoiding same. I have a lot of caring to give and want to put this into practise.Do other forum members and new members feel this way. I hope I haven't sounded self-centred as I so wish to be an integral part of this valuable forum. Would appreciate any feedback comments. Bimby2

13 REPLIES 13

Re: Something's not right

Hi @Bimby2, you are a fine part of the forum from my perspective. I always appreciate your kind messages and am interested to hear about your life, when I have seen your posts over time. I'm really sorry you have been feeling down and lonely. I know there are many people on the forum who can relate to this. I too can be shy and socially anxious. Sometimes our nervousness may make us avoid social encounters, but at other times I have found it very beneficial to push through some of these awkward feelings and reach out. Perhaps things might work that way for you too, sometimes stepping out of your comfort zone and sometimes retreating to give yourself a break from your shy feelings. I don't find your post at all self-centred, just one human talking to others about what they are honestly experiencing. That's what we all do on the forum and you are very welcome to do that here too. Good on you for reaching out here in the way you have done tonight. I hope there might be some encouragement in my response. If not, just know that you are not alone, and are being heard and appreciated by me and others here. Kindest wishes to you. Maz

@Bimby2 I think I feel the same way. I always feel awkward when posting
I don’t like interrupting people or saying something when it is not wanted.
I also worry that I will say something that hurts someone cause I only ever want to help. I hope that makes sense

Thank you @Ant for your encouraging remarks. We just have to keep trying to overcome the setbacks. May you have a pleasant day. Bimby2

Really appreciate your comments @Maz
and to know others suffer similar feelings.
Thank you for your support ,it means much. Best wishes Bimby2.

Hi @Bimby2, I've often felt like I was intruding on the forum, but at the same time I know the forum is here for everybody. You're a very valued member here and I am sure others would agree we're here to support you too when you are feeling down (like you are right now). I'm sorry to read things aren't going too well for you at the moment, but please don't feel as though you're being self-centred in reaching out to the forum, this is what we're here for.

Be gentle with yourself, 

Q

Not self centred at all @Bimby2.

I used to be very shy and just watched from the margins through schooling and early adult hood.

In last 10 years I have expressed a lot more socially and become quite extrovert. EG here on the forums and irl interactions.  I also did a lot of therapy to stay alive and body heart soul connected.

I worked at it to compensate/change/grow, but may also go back to being the way I used to be.  There is no right way to be. The important thing is to set your own goals and values.

Part of being on the edges was my low self worth and a fear of how or when to come forward or who how or what to share.  

After having lived a lot I saw that many dont self scrutinise, judge or censor but let it hang out.  Dont go further than you feel is right for you.

I like your welcoming presence.

@Bimby2 thank you for your kind words
I think you are so nice and such a sweet person I hope you are well and your day is good for you

Thank you @Appleblossom for validating
my thoughts and feelings. I respect your
kind words and insight. Thank you fpr being such a valuable member on this forum. With every good wish - Bimby2

You are a very thoughtful gentleman and
have valuable insight and kindness towards each member on Sane. - @Ant7 - Bimby2
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance