Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Need to vent

Hi everyone @Snowie @BPDSurvivor @Eve7 @Shaz51 @Emelia8 @oceangirl @MDT and others 

I emailed my psych the other day reg the lack of funds to pay her for next weeks session. She replied and said she will bulk bill me. She is happy to do that.  She also brought forward my appt to tomorrow. I'm glad I need to talk to her. There's so much going on in my head. 

does anyone here believe that dreams have a meaning?

I had a horrible dream about all these snakes everywhere. Wherever I looked there was a snake. I can still visualise the dream.

What a day @BlueBay ....

Earthquake, COVID, protests.... what next!?

I was working this morning, and the child I was with freaked out when he felt the earthquake. He was shaking all over. Poor kid.

As for your family... you've definitely passed on the soft-heart. That speaks multitudes in itself 🙂 You must be such a proud Mumma and Nonna!

And about dreams...I don't look into dreams much, but there is one dream I often have - my teeth falling out! I've looked it up and supposedly it has a meaning, but I can't remember what it is. LOL.

Anyway, let's wait and see what tomorrow brings.

@BlueBay I hope your psych is good tomorrow my awesome friend

Hi  my sister @BlueBay 

Glad your appointment has been bought forward for tomorrow.Let me how it goes? Talk to you soon!!

working out what i want in life is SO DAMN HARD!!!

life in general

work life

home life

being a wife, mum and daughter and grandmother

being a friend

i don't know where to begin.  communication is hard, life is general is hard.  so much stress. financial stress is freaking me out.  life is freaking me out.  

i really don't know what to do; 

i just don't know anymore

soimetimes it's easier to just run ..........

@oceangirl @MDT @BPDSurvivor @Snowie @Snowie @Shaz51 

I'm sorry to haer this @BlueBay
did psych go well?

@BlueBay ,

I think it's totally okay not to know for now. Give yourself a break. 

I often have times when in just don't know. It's frustrating, but I find the frustration makes it worse. Give it some time and perhaps something will shift to make your path ahead clearer.

I'm with you @BlueBay ,

BPDSurvivor

yeah the session was okay @MDT 

she gave me lots of ideas on communicating better with hubby.

but i am feeling pretty down.

@BPDSurvivor  i need your help.  Reg.  communicating with hubby.  I have lost my DBT book and need advice.

i have to go now and organise dinner, but i will be back either tonight or tomorrow.

i need your advice pls. 🙂

@BlueBay 

Sorry to hear you're struggling. One step at a time. 

Hi @BlueBay ,

Im here.

in terms of communication, I have found that when you've been living with someone for a long time, you EXPECT them to know and understand your thoughts and expectations - I know I do this and that's why I struggle so much communicating with people who are close to me but can do an amazing job communicating with acquaintances.

I am known to have exceptional interpersonal skills (when I work with people). Unfortunately, they don't see my weaknesses when communicating to my family. I get frustrated and angry that they 'don't understand'. Yet I need to step back - I didn't tell them anything, how can I expect them to know? They are NOT mind readers.

This is what I've concluded. I need to learn to communicate as clearly to family as I do with work colleagues. That is, with the intention to communicate a message, clarify meaning, ask questions (so you don't jump to conclusions).

Communication is such a huge topic. I could go on for ever. It was a key component in my MBT sessions. That is, to mentalise and practice curiosity; to think about how we and others think which in turn informs behaviour (our actions). That's why I think group therapy was so beneficial for me. It made me communicate even when I didn't know how.

Speak soon,

BPDSurvivor

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance