Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Eden1919
Senior Contributor

I don’t remember

I was talking to my support worker about stuff and we somehow got to the topic of my last hospital stay and they said before I went in I was really all over the place. She said I was talking really fast and jumping from topic to topic and was answering questions she never asked and doing all this stuff and I have no memory of a lot of it like I remember talking to her but I don’t remember it being super fast or all over the place and I don’t remember doing some of the stuff she said I did and idk I just feel weird I am not saying she is lying but what else don’t I remember if there is so much that I am missing. I feel weird what if I did something super embarrassing that I don’t remember. 

4 REPLIES 4

Re: I don’t remember

That can happen sometimes, @Eden1919 . I once had a whole session that I couldn't remember the instant I got back to my car (which would've been within 5mins of the session ending.) Mind you, that forgetfulness was sort of self-engineered through self-hypnosis.

Sometimes memory loss can be a side effect of meds, I believe. Have you had any sort of medication changes recently?

Hi @Eden1919 

That all sounds like a lot to sit with. Just want to say I hear that and thinking of you.

Hugs

Hanami ❤️

Hi @Eden1919,

I think when we are under a lot of stress it is possible that people can talk fast, bounce from topic to topic, answer questions that haven't been asked etc - particularly when someone has a lot of pent up emotions and thoughts going on in their mind that they need to express. I remember reading about this type of thing and the writer compared it to when you have a fizzy drink that has been shaken up so much - when you release the lid the froth can just come pouring out because it needs to release. 

I wouldn't worry about having said anything embarrassing, firstly you don't know that you did and even if you did support workers are there to help and support you in a non-judgemental way. 

I hope you are doing well and life is being kind to you.

Warm wishes,

FloatingFeather  

@chibam  It is not medication related I don’t think I am starting to think it was related to me not sleeping much at the time. 

@FloatingFeather  It was not from stress I think they said I was manic and it lasted a long time also I am not worried about what I said to support workers more about what I did or said to other people around me. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance