Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Hello Im new to the site! Single mum wants to say hi :)

Hi Chloekat,

Hobbit's not around tonight, but I am. Sorry to hear about your struggles. Smiley Sad 

Sounds like a terribly tough time for you at the moment. I think sometimes trying to figure out the 'why' can make us feel worse off. If we can't answer this question it can become easy to blame ourselves or it can create a sense of guilt. Remember, these are likely symptoms of your MI. It's not you. Just with any physically illness, it's not your fault. 

It's sounds damn unpleasant to be where you are at right now, but remember that it is ok to have feelings. Sometimes you don't need a reason. Sometimes it just is. Know that these feelings will pass. I can promise you that. I can't tell you when it will pass, but one thing that is certain is that all feelings pass eventually both pleasant and unpleasant. I find thinking about emotions like a wave can be helpful, they can gain momentum and strength but eventually they crash and subside. The trick is to ride this wave. Yes, you are in turbulent waters, and yes it can feel like you're drowning at times, but by taking comfort in knowing and accepting that it will eventually pass, the waves can eventually wash over you. 

I'm glad that you came on here today. Such strength you have in being so open and honest.

Please let us know how you're going. 

CB

P.S. I'll be sure to let Hobbit know that you've tried to contact him so he knows when he's on next. 

Hi Cholekat,

That sound terrible, I really feel for you while you are not going so great. I agree with Cherybomb's comments though, remember feelings do pass.

Try to focus on how you will feel when this down-moment passes. Think of it like "seasons". Right now you are in "winter" (dark, depressing) but guess what? "Spring" is just around the corner!! Spring is where everything comes back to life, all the trees and flowers bloom again, it's like a new creation! Focus on that. Spring is what's just around the corner for you....and it's really close by!!

Have you ever had a cold or flu, and when you get better you feel fantastic? Try and take that point of view and think how good you will feel when this season passes!!

You may also want to try something like this - when I feel down, depressed, anxious, or just plain negative, I sit down, close my eyes. I picture in my mind I am in a room facing an open window.The window faces right onto the ocean. What I do is mentally get all my "bad" feelings and roll them up into a ball, then when I have them all in the ball, I "push" the ball through the window so it falls into the ocean and just gets swept away into the sea, all gone. Then I mentally lock the window with a key so the ball can't get blown back in again. 

I really do believe that the fact that you're on these forums, being honest and looking to others for help and support is such a great sign that you are a really strong person. From reading your posts, I honestly believe you to be a wonderful person that has every right to be happy. Just look at what you did for your kids in the midst of all of this. That's pretty awesome. I'm actually really impressed! I am sure everyone else on this forum is too.

I remember you said you like dancing. Do some of that....play a song and dance along to it while you think of how great you are. And how great we all think you are too.

Let us know how you're doing and please take care.

Hobbit,

Hello Hobbit. Thank you for your advice I will keep that ocean advice the next time i have an "episode". Ur advice has been very helpful. Im hoping today will be a better positive day. I do feel a bit better but unfortunetly my parents have to to go home today which is ashame as i like the adult interaction. Well thats it for now so thank you again for the advice and the support. Take care x

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance