Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

DesolateNight
New Contributor

Everything feels impossible.

Everything seems so difficult and overwhelming. I can’t even get basic things done because I get completely overwhelmed as my thoughts spiral out of control. Has anyone else experienced this? If so, do you have any good ways of coping with it? 

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Everything feels impossible.

Hi @DesolateNight and welcome to the forum. You're definitely not alone here in having things feel so overwhelming at times that it can be difficult to do even the basics. What kinds of things do you have trouble with the most, if you feel like sharing?

I find it helps me to break whatever I need or want to do into really small steps. I try to think about the very first step I need to take to do what I want to do, and I try to focus on only that one step while I am doing it.

Writing lists can help me also. Overwhelm for me is like a messy jumble of 'big'. Lists seem to organise it all in a way plus it can be easier to see small steps from a list on paper than when it's all in my head. 

If you're interested there's a thread on the forum here where people share their daily goals and encourage and motivate each other along the way. It can be helpful to share the struggles we have as well as our wins, however big or small. 

Sounds a bit like me @DesolateNight .. i solve all problems niggles in bed while waking yet Ive got broken ph screen with bits starting to fall out. Was fixing that 3wks ago. Was buying new pants 3mths ago was losing weight, exercising, been using saucepan as frypan for 4mths now, car needs fixing etc etc . I feed myself and get to work mostly tho. This morning when everything getting too hard I just made self do stuff. Bedding getting washed Im showered. Teasing myself with couple other tasks

Thank you for your kind reply. I seem to struggle the most with chores and making phone calls.

I feel the same way every day of the week. I'm scared because I dont know what to do anymore. I constantly hurt those around me because I take everything personally and then my thoughts and actions begin to spiral out of control. Im so lost and I dont think talking about it is helping me anymore. I am so scared of the person trapped inside of me because I dont know what they're capable of of and when it's going to cause me to actually lose someone I care deeply for. I also am incapable of focusing and going to bed but waking up and facing the day is probably the hardest part

Hi @AbigailCoop

Welcome to the Forum and thanks for sharing your feelings.

That is a huge load you are carrying. I hope you are getting support and looking after yourself. One of the things you can always control is doing things that help you to cope and looking after yourself as best you can.

I hope that you will find the forums to be a supportive place for exploring all these issues. Just a tip, if you are replying to someone or wanting to notify or touch base with someone, place an @ before their username, as in @AbigailCoop

All the best

Joe The Lion

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance