Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Checking In

@TAB I remember you saying you were waiting on feedback from them. Hope you get it finished on time if you can. I know you will be pushing to finish. Are you able to get extension if you can't get it all submitted? Going for a walk sounds good, I am going to take a shower to freshen up. Talk to you soon Tab.

they tried to tell me they aren't bothered and that can take my time as they won't even look at marking it until early October think they said, but at the same time its do this by tomorrow morning etc Bit lost as sent in twice today, they usually send back with comments not got anything back from last time will ask tomorrow @oceangirl  yeah I feel a bit off a shower might help Okay chat later

Hi OG
@oceangirl
Thats very nice to hear - it's good to hear that one is appreciated and valued.

Today I did some work. Whatever was on. Did some reading of the position description for my job interview tomorrow.

Not feeling as apprehensive about it now. Was this morning. But I now realise that its 1 interview among many I will have in life. Once I detached the value of other things from this interview tomorrow (like being able to move out, stable income which is decent etc etc) I felt better. Free. Just take it as it comes.

In my email inbox today was an email from a place at my undergrad uni.

It was a seminar on international relations. The guy hosting I remember from uni because he was on a panel event I went to - careers on international relations. The panellists were all graduates in a government program. Very rare to get into that program. I remember thinking during that event that I should've asked them what options there are OTHER than their program in their government department. But I didn't. Probably should've lol.

I guess there were 2 responses i couldve had to the email. 1) get depressed about it and think that I have made mistakes and my time is wasted etc or 2) I've gone off to other things and got a job somewhere, got life experience and earned some cash and built my cv and skills in a way that make me more employable in other areas. But I have also fed my interest in international affairs on the side. I guess it's ebb and flow.

In the end the choice I have made is the wiser one for I have built up options in so many ways.

Life is very much about trying and pursuing new things. There can be no other option that gives us true insight and life experience than variety.

@TAB Just do what you can- don't stress about it. I had a nice shower- it helped !! Just been busy tidying up and doing ironing and watching a bit of TV. How was you walk? All the best with tafe. OG

@MDT 

Glad you feeling more relaxed about tomorrows interview. We all live and learn, and next time you can do things differently. 

I sense you want your independence, but do you think you could stay at home a bit longer, up to you of course, and save some money. 

You have a good attitude- you're gaining experience and skills, with what you have done more recently, or should say since you have graduated from uni.

I have just been pottering along tonight tidying up, doing washing, decluttering and watching TV. I feel better because the house looks much nicer. 

Good luck for tomorrow my friend. Look forward to hearing how it went and how your day went. 

didnt go for walk in the end @oceangirl  think was dehydrated, been pumping fluids last few hours lol

tafe will be okay, I nearly gave up on it a while back, feeling a bit pressured thats all

thats good with shower etc, I cooked meal and did dishes with bit of declutter thrown in lol

Probably good idea not to go for a walk @TAB 

I can relate to feeling pressured

I have clothes to put away but that can wait until tomorrow

I find if I do too much, I tend to not to able to sleep

I'm just going to phone my parents to say goodnight

I usually speak to them at least a few times a day

If I had gone for walk first thing would have been okay, but got lost in tafe stuff then when last chance to do it, didnt actually feel up to it . @oceangirl  hmm apparently routines and quiet time before bed is a good thing I'm off soon, just getting to uncomfortable stage on lounge , would keep watching tv if set up in bedroom. thats good with your parents , well I guess you still cant see them for a while ?

@TAB Hoping to go for a swim tomorrow, I've had too much on to do it. I hope you get a walk in tomorrow. Yes routine is meant to be good for sleep. I have been wanting to set up TV in my room- I have the connect there. I might get one soon- I have too many bills atm. No I can see my parents, they live on the border but Qld side and I live about 45 mins north of them. I am often too tired to go down there of late. But since I got quite a bit done today, I might go down for a visit on Friday. 

Been telling myself going to pool for a month or more I believed it this week. Will get there plus will do walk tomorrow if nothing else @oceangirl magpie will be waiting for me lol
I have another tv bought another one after lightning but turned out was only the transformer thats stuffed so can use lead from old laptop lol well would need to connect to antenna just dont get around to it should also set up bedside lamps again then could read in bed and or watch tv and drift off
Was avoiding pool due to blood noses but that has settled after seeing ENT so thats good. Been 6 days think. Also had busted hand re job applications
Plus BP problems so its 2/3 now will start checking BP again on new meds now but they take a while to work
So I applied for 2 jobs yesterday and got 2 replies lol
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance