Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Crimson_rose
Casual Contributor

Anxiety vs uni

Does anyone know of a community organisation that does cheap or free counselling services for anixety in Adelaide CBD? 

My anxiety is overwheleming to the point that I can't go to uni, I cant stay present in class, my head goes nuts and my stomach hurts over the course of three days surrounding going to uni. 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Anxiety vs uni

Hey @Crimson_rose,

Sorry to hear about the anxiety you've been experiencing. It can definitely be challenging trying to get on with study, work, etc. in that situation.

I just wanted to let you know that we ask members not to refer to specific practitioners as everyone's experience is different. But you might like to look for a community health centre in your area, or try a university clinic for affordable counselling. Typically, all universities that offer a psychology program have a community clinic where you can receive low cost treatment with a provisional psychologist who is undertaking their final years of postgraduate study and clinical practice. Community health centres are government funded health centres which offer a range of health services, often including counselling or psychology. All the best in finding the support you're looking for 🙂

Re: Anxiety vs uni

Hi @Crimson_rose

I am glad you have shared your concerns and reached out

I know what you are talking about - I did my degrees as a matured-aged student and I had chaos in my life during the time I was there - and studying part time meant I was there for years -

So the stress in my life made things difficult - but it was among the best things I ever did

My suggestion is to type your campus into your browser and open us services provided at universities - they will support you and give you an idea about continuing while you are so anxious or not - you can always pick up your course work next year

I always encourage people to continue their studies no matter how old they are - or young for that matter - it is the best thing for getting on in life - what we learn enables us

All the best with what you are doing

Dec

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance