Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Lemonade
New Contributor

Am I okay?

So I know that this is a question I myself can only answer, but I just don’t know. I can’t answer that for myself. 

I dont know how to explain what’s going on inside my head but I’ll try the best I can. 

I am, 20 years old, engaged with the love of my life, but somehow I struggle to get out of bed some morning I really don’t enjoy going to work anymore, and I’m always unwell, I just don’t know if it’s all in my head or if I’m being an attention seeker. 

Sometimes I don’t feel good at all, In my head all I want to do is spend all day in bed and not go to work or do anything at all.

its kind of scary feeling this well because there’s a part of me telling me it’s not right. 

I dont feel excitment or motivstion anymore, I feel dull and flat most days and I just don’t know what to do about it. I honestly feel like quitting because I’m so unhappy but I know that’s not a good thing to do because then I won’t have money. 

My nanna passed away earlier this year so maybe that could be why I have gone down hill so far. I have spoken to a doctor and she has put me on anti depressants. But I still just don’t feel okay. 

So that brings me back to my question, am I okay? Or am I just over reacting. 

Thanks 

2 REPLIES 2
Lauz
Senior Contributor

Re: Am I okay?

Hi @Lemonade

Great to have you reaching out in our forums - welcome!

It's good to be self aware enough to flag when things don't feel quite right. There can be a difference to having an off day and to feeling off for quite some time. I am really sorry to hear about your loss. 

Have you spoken to anyone else about this? Perhaps members can share what they did when they weren't sure if there was a deeper problem?

You may also like this thread called Under 30s and you may also like to have a look around Reach Out's website and forum which is specific to people aged up to 25 ☺️

utopia
Senior Contributor

Re: Am I okay?

@Lemonade. It sounds like you might need to see a psychologist to find out what's going on with you. 

You can ask your gp for a mental health  assessment,  just a quick questionnaire,  and then your gp can refer you to a psychologist under the Medicare scheme,  so you can have some free or cheap counselling.  That might help sort out what really is happening for you.  

All the best of luck. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance