Skip to main content

Re: Does anyone want to talk

More costume stuff @ArraDreaming gotta go to Aussie Disposals and find a bandolier! And then to Vic Market to see if they have some monster foot slippers 😋 Then I'm heading to my partner's house to body double for them whilst they do some unpacking. 

What about your own self?

Gotta be straight with ya here… @Jynx I don’t have much of an idea around what your talking about
Few questions for ya
What is a bandolier
Why do you need monster slippers and what the heck is body doubling lol that sounds….
actually I won’t say that out loud

Not too much here kids got a birthday party at some manky as play centre so I’m about 5 business days away from having the plague for sure
Gotta catch up with my sis cause she’s not in a good way at the minute, like at all I’m pretty worried for her @Jynx

LOL @ArraDreaming I did think about giving context but thought it would be funnier if I didn't 😝

A bandolier is a belt with lil loops that hold bullets - like this: 

51BcdvlGYsS._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

Except I'm gonna be filling it with test tubes filled with various coloured liquids - because I'm going to a D&D costume party as a kobold alchemist!! Hence the monster slippers, cos kobolds are like, little dragon dudes, that look like this: 

images (9).jpg

So my outfit needs the bandolier to hold all my alchemy bottles, and some monster feet. Already got mask and tail. Might need bigger horns haha. 

Bahaha you know what, body doubling does sound a bit weird and maybe a little raunchy!! Haha it's a term that's gained traction in the neurodiverse community. Basically it's about doing separate things together - e.g. you might have one person studying and the other reading. I know for myself, attending to certain tasks is always A LOT easier if I have someone else there with me. Same for my partner, who has been struggling to find motivation to unpack - hence me going over there. So that's body doubling!! 

Oh fun haha a nice bunch of loud, screaming kids is a lovely and relaxing way to spend your sunday 😅 And yeah, hope your sis is ok mate. She's lucky to have ya lookin out for her ay 😊

Hope it's a good day however it unfolds! I'm off, catch ya next week 💜

Hey @Jynx thanks for the chat last night I hope you got all the things you needed
Your right I am pretty worried about her hey, not really sure what more I can do at this point

@ArraDreaming nah I actually didn't, my trip to the city was a total bust, smh. I've decided I'll go to Bunnings at some point this week and grab a tool belt or something. 

Sometimes I think the it's the hardest thing, to feel helpless to be able to support someone we care about. Sometimes we just gotta focus on looking after ourselves, so that we're ready when they need us. 

How's your Monday been anyhow? 

Mondays been ok, @Jynx my morning was tough

Chaos with the kidlets @ArraDreaming or something else?

Mondays I’m that sensearent too bad cause my Mrs is on school duty cause its her day off @Jynx
just couldnt get myself there
Felt anxious and off all morning
pulled over about 10 mins in the drive and just couldnt bring myself to go
I got there and sat j n my car for another 45
I have no idea why I just felt like this urge to turn around go home then all day I felt off

hey @ArraDreaming i hear you've had a tough morning. i see you still made it to your destination despite the anxiety, good on you!!!

it's sometimes hard to shake off that anxious feeling once its been spiked up hey? what usually helps you feel calm? 

Nothing really @rav3n makes me want to slam my head on a door frame