Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Tabaluga's

Hey @SmilingGecko 

Glad to hear you're feeling better

Not much planned here. Catching up with a mate on Sunday to watch the footy. Cleaning the bbq today - oh joy! lol

@StuF I never got much into football but used to play softball for a local team many moons ago. I was in D-grade and did it for more as a social outlet rather than competitive reasons. Many pitchers in the higher grades used to know how to fully swing a ball. The speed of the ball was quite shocking. It was a nice bunch of ladies and we all had a good time. We had a dog mascot called "Fang" which was sprayed in pink hairspray while he sat on the sidelines getting patted by the team. I'm glad I played softball when I did!

@SmilingGecko 

I never played football (AFL) but played soccer as a kid and rugby union at school for one year of high school- it was compulsory.

I keep meaning to try tennis again one day...played a lot of that - very not well! - but it was fun. Need someone to play with

TAB
Senior Contributor

hey @StuF 

Hey @TAB !

How goes? Just cleaned a big gutter with my dad...it's all happening here! lol

TAB
Senior Contributor

..so long as no one fell off a ladder @StuF  lol ..

went back to sleep around 8am , just got up. blew anzac day service off

after wondering about where would stand at service. and if anyone would try to tell me where to .Then eating bacon and eggs in hall at 7am. Only to go straight home after that (or would bar have been open ? lol)  plus wondering where to put 2 other poxy badges(rsl and 'veteran') beside ADM ok left chest. and whether coat jacket could actually be done up over guts as per their rules. told self was going to try it on last night with a few drinks. had the drinks, did not measure the gut ..lol 

Yep @TAB  - we got through unscathed lol

Fair call on the service probably. Would be weird (probably good weird, but still) when you don't know others

Thinking of going to the RSL later maybe?

TAB
Senior Contributor

yeah, few weeks ago was 2nd time been to an RSL in 40 years lol @StuF  ok been member last 3 years, 3rd sub branch and first time showed up anywhere lol

Guess could go soon @StuF  at least put in an appearance if ever want to be sort of accepted there, well enough to give free labour in the purple circle guess. bet they have exclusive drinks shows etc, often seen cars there , I have only been told about once a month meals night which is 99% the public lol

Ingratiate yourself a bit @TAB ! lol

Hell, you might even like some of them!

TAB
Senior Contributor

yeah am being a bit precious hey and they prob think am being disrespectful not going to Big Day of the Year @StuF 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance