Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Share a cuppa?

@Abner @Bow @tonys @Shaz51 @amber22 hello everyone, would anyone like a cuppa together? Am having a flat white coffee

Hey @Meowmy ! I'm sorry I haven't been around for a cuppa! How are you?

Screen Shot 2022-12-22 at 3.30.42 pm.png

@tyme hey Tyme nice to see you. Am okayish tonight. Enjoy cuppa with you

Have you returned back to work? @Meowmy 

Hello @tyme , @Meowmy 😀

Hello @Abner,   hope you are well.  Yes I have been following this story's  progress for a few years on ABC  radio.  Then on t v,   it made the news.   A couple of doses that can last for months,  in some for years,  Its a great news story I thought.  The  big  D  is not something that has plagued me,  but I do feel very much for those trying to cope with It.   We owe so much to science,    and  nature.   Lets pray this give fresh hope to struggling souls

Very best wishes     tonys   mb 1

@Meowmy   thanks for invite and hope you all are well.     Idea. . .  In our next life ,  lets all open up a coffee shop.     I  can wash dishes.    I cant balance the books...   

Have a great week everyone.

tonys   moonbase 1

I think the idea around those therapies @tonys is that when it comes to mental health issues, there's often been a blanket view that they all need to be controlled and managed, whereas when it comes to things like PTSD and CPTSD you need to have a positive relationship with the issue - I heard something on Doc Martin where PTSD and CPTSD were described as injuries rather than disorders. Those therapies are amongst the therapies that help people to stop seeing the issue as something that needs to be "managed" the way medications manage anxiety and depression. It's really interesting and encouraging that people are seeing mental health issues as issues rather than problems, and some of them as injuries rather than disorders.

Hey there @Abner .  Yes,  I would not get a proctologist to do my heart surgery.  I know nothing of of  PTSD or CPTSD.

A hazard of years on the street,  is that you sometimes are a minut late to save someones life, . . and it stays with you for life.    

The News story does say trials so far are promising,   but not an answer for 'everyone' with. . . . "Depression'. . .    But these guys with PhD's think its worth a closer look.  It only has to save one life, or make another's better,  to rate a mention.   We are individuals and our health outcomes is in our own hands to a large extent,  knowledge can be a powerful thing though and i'm grateful for all peer reviewed info I can get,  so at least then,. . .  I can,. . . evaluate it.

I know from my own injuries,  ailments that no one treatment is a 'fix it all'.  and I do know , not all, want a fix.    A promising news story is just,  that.   Hope and promise to those it may be,       relevant to.  A glass half full.      I  Appreciate your reply very much, and wish you well,    tonys moonbase 1

I totally agree with you @tonys, we're discovering, as a counsellor friend of mine once said "There are many roads to happiness", and flexibility is key because health, mental and as much about what works for the individual, and what we, that individual, would like to get from it. It is our health afterall, not someone else's.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance