Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Bimby2
Senior Contributor

Having a good laugh and chat with friends

I often feel a little bit reticent in visiting neighbours and friends alike, of my own volition, thinking I should

wait to be asked to visit same. Often times, it is the surprise visit or phonecall or even email that makes

this friend or neighbour's day, as we end up laughing about fun things and for an hour or two forget about

each other's problems. Visited a friend who has just had a hip replacement and we enjoyed talking

about family and health problems in general, with laughter thrown in. Simple pleasures as a giggle and

chat can be as good a  pleasure as expensive shows or dining out with costly meals. Here is to a good

weekend for each forum member. Bimby2

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Having a good laugh and chat with friends

Thanks for your updates, @Bimby2. I've been reading and 'liking' them as I see them for a little while. The gently positive perspective you take on matters that are also close to my heart is refreshing. Kind wishes.

Chatting about issues gets it off your chest

Hello @Bimby2,

I love what you wrote, I also enjoy a spontaneous chat or laugh with a friend/neighbour/stranger. It's nice when unplanned as there is less pressure or expectations 🙂

Hoping you have a nice weekend!

Lunar

Thank you Lunar for your words of kindness and hope - people do help others in a "me" world and this forum has much to recommend how we care about each other. Cheers and hugs from Bimby2.

Hello @Bimby2

how are you today ??

it is sooo raining heavy here I can`t hear

Hello @Lunar, @Former-Member, @Mazarita

As usual, a deserved thank you Shaz51 for mentioning me and I have been watching the tennis Brisbane Live most of today. I played tennis at school and also in to latter years. Never a champion but enjoyed the game. Suffer fron tinitus so can relate your feelings of silence whilst trying to get to sleep. Have the radio on all night as it masks the "cicadas" that play in my head. Otherwise, I have a new cat in my life whom I'm sure will give much companionship. Take care and thanks for your contributions to this forum. Hugs and cheers from Bimby2.

hey hey hello @Bimby2, look what I found Smiley Very Happy

Hello @Mazarita, @Lunar friends.png

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance