Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Craft Corner

just had a (looong) quick look at the stitch smapler blankets and they look pretty cool @CheerBear  they would be good to have a go at 

I think they'd be pretty fun @outlander qnd they're definitely different! Not sure how they'd go with cakes though.

I'll have a look at my yarn this weekend and see if something grabs me. If not, we'll be off to spotlight when the kids are back at school 😉 Spotligjt trip with you sounds pretty good 😁😊

thata alright, i can always get some more yarn and just do colour changes. the part that i still have managed to get right is switiching colours along the side, i can do them midway through the row and in the squares but i cant master the side ones which i can see ill need to do for that blanket unless its in a square version.

i will have to practice it more, just makes me go grrr alot lol but theres so many blankets that have that sort of change so i want to get that colour switch too.

Any reason to go to spotlight 😉

@CheerBear forgot to tag you

Hey @outlander. I have a huge thank you to send to you. At the moment I'm sitting in a quiet house with a cuppa and my hooks enjoying the feeling of getting in to a soothing project 😊

Your gentle nudging helped me get into my yarn stash over the weekend and find a new thing to work on. It's a granny square thing (thanks also to you and your Granny stitch enthusiasm 😁). We'll see how far I actually get into it but for now I'm enjoying some chill time and some pretty colours.

2019016.jpg

So thanks for your encouragement Outlander and for helping me to remember how great it can feel to sit with a calming kind of play thing 😊

Also, if you're interested it is definitely one we could make 'together'. It's going to be lots of different sized basic squares (it's called a "Babette blanket" but I'm using granny stitch instead of a more solid square).

hey @CheerBear
your most welcome, im glad that youve picked up your hooks again and found something to do. Heart

lol my granny stitch enthusiam paid off i see, you know i only like that stich as its easy and its the only one i can do atm 😏😂😂

i still cant see your pic but looking forward to it!
i had a quick look at the babette blanket and it looks like a heap of granny sqaures of all different sizes connected together- is that right or am i looking at the wrong sort?

either way it would be pretty good to do do it with you and ive got lots of yarn that i can use too!

That's exactly what it is with all the different squares together @outlander. Looks pretty simple and a great colour smash project! I spent a bit of time working out the grid and a join method. Hopefully it'll work 🤔

You can do so much more than granny! As soon as you go outside of that comfort zone 😉😘

i havent joined squares together before so even though i can do granny squares its still quite out of my comfort zone but i wont learn unless i give it ago now will i!

how do you work out a grid?

I haven't done much joining and definitely none like this, so I've had to work out what I'm doing (am yet to do it though!) @outlander. We can learn together!

I googled a few different grids and found one that looks about the right size for me to work on 🙂
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance