Skip to main content

Re: Knitting

Love the beanie and gesture @Judi9877 🙏

Good morning and Merry Christmas @Anastasia @Former-Member @Gwynn @Shaz51 @Eve7 @Daisydreamer @Appleblossom and all knitters here. 

This morning I finished off the baby jumper (had 6 rows to knit plus cast off and then to sew it up) so I'm quite happy with myself. See the photo below for the finished item.F39CB4B0-7BB6-418B-8BDC-42DF48CD6BB1.jpeg

Santa was also good to me and brought me the wool to start knitting my jumper in 12 ply wool from the Wangaratta Woollen Mills along with knitting needles to get the job done. Good Santa🎅🏻!  See below for the photo of my present! Now, time to get this jumper started! 

C941D9A0-AA7C-4A00-8522-8EFE3755D93F.jpeg

I hope you have a great day and have some time to relax and maybe get some knitting done as well! 

Take care!

Judi9877☺️🎄🧶

Hi @Gwynn @Anastasia @Former-Member @Shaz51 @Eve7 @Former-Member @Daisydreamer and all forumites here. Just posting a photo of my jumper that I started on Christmas Day. Sorry it's upside down! 

0D8C82E9-EF9E-4ECE-8695-6E69E26DD748.jpeg

Time to get back to knitting my jumper!

Judi9877☺️🧶💐

Hi there @Anastasia @Gwynn @Former-Member @Shaz51 @Eve7 @Former-Member @Daisydreamer and all forumites here. Happy new year🥳! 

Last night, in the middle of Melbourne's 37 degree heat, I decided to work on and try and finish a beanie which I proudly completed at 1am this morning! See below for the photo. Again, it will be put in my donation pile to be donated to the Salvation Army which I'll handover maybe in April. I'll just have to confirm with their staff when they would appreciate the collection. 

E9FB99E9-EFC1-4F04-AFF1-1425966C98DD.jpeg

I'm now working on a new beanie I casted on earlier this morning so I'm going to work on that today and into the next few days. Again, I'll post a photo when it's done.

Have fun and take care!

Judi9877☺️🧶

Gwynn
Senior Contributor

You are a beanie MACHINE, @Judi9877! My auntie gave me a knitting book for Christmas: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/43351102-the-knitting-book so we'll see how I go with it. 🙂

I love the colours @Judi9877 and yes you are a beanie machine haha @Gwynn 

Love the beanie @Judi9877 , soo colourful 

Hello @Gwynn , @Anastasia , @Former-Member , @Eve7 

Good afternoon @Shaz51 @Gwynn @Anastasia @Former-Member @Eve7 @Daisydreamer and all knitters here. Thanks for the lovely comments regarding my beanies forumite friends! It’s very much appreciated and very motivating I might add! 

9CD27F14-E86F-4E46-BB51-DDDAFDF5F4A2.jpeg

Recently I completed another beanie to donate and I just finished the front of a baby jumper this morning. See above and below for the photos. I hope you like them. 

4101D98C-A88F-4711-917B-10350EEDCF1E.jpeg

 As things have been stressful regarding the whole pandemic issues and numbers here in Melbourne, I’ve found myself going to my knitting to help me cope and to find some peace within myself and my mind. I’ve found that knitting has really helped me, especially knitting beanies which I know the pattern off by heart and I can be as creative as I like with the colours I choose to knit and the patterns I choose to do for the 30 rows that make up the middle section. 

Last night whilst on Facebook, I came across an Australian author named Pip Lincolne who is very crafty along with being an author. Anyhow, she’d posted that she was knitting a blanket called ‘A Row A Day’ for each day of the year so of course, I decided to add that to my list and cast on 250 stitches on 4mm knitting needles to start my very own blanket. I’ve only done 4 rows which means I’ve got another 9 rows to catch up until today being Day 13 but so far I’m enjoying it. I hope it will give me something else to focus on each day when I do my Calm feeling of the day app at night as I think it will be an achievement just to knit 365 rows. I’m not sure if the blanket width will be wide enough for an actual blanket but if it’s not, I’ll make another blanket the same and join it. We’ll have to wait snd see how it turns out I guess! I’ll keep you all posted at how I go!

Maybe you might like to try this idea as well? 

Talk later! Enjoy your knitting!

Judi9877☺️🧶🍀

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Judi9877 as I've said before, and no doubt will say again, love the colour combo on the beanie! 

Pip Lincoln is a great Aussie crafter. I think she used to have a shop front in Melbourne too? I do know she has a bunch of books, which it sounds like you might be interested in 😊 Did you see this ABC interview? I think someone may have posted in here in the forums in the past few days, apologies if it's a double up. 

I love the colours and the baby jumper is beautiful @Judi9877.

Ohhhh I do like the idea, U can't wait to see your blanket as it grows 😃