Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: rough time

Thats okay @outlander
We can only take so much on top of our own stuff.

That's true @MDT

@Sans911 I finally got my study stuff organised so can study with you

Shoot me a question whenever you want lil Sis @outlander 💜 💜

Thanks sis 💗 ,I'll share the case study First otherwise it won't make much sense.

Case study 1- max is a 43yr old man who has had unstable housing for many years and is currently staying in a short term accommodation service for people with diagnosed MH conditions. He was diagnosed with Bipolar 1 a long time ago and although medicated still has episodes of mania where he believes he's immortal. He has ongoing issues with gambling to the extent that he is now under financial guardianship.

You are an accommodation support worker in the service and your role is to support residents to develop a recovery plan,obtain longer term housing and access and strengthen their support networks

Ok so that's the case study I'll type up the question in another post cause I'm so slow on phone it'll give U a chance to read the case study

1. Describe the communication techniques you would use with max to develop and maintain respect hope trust and self direction?

This questions referring to the skills :listening and active listening, non verbal communication, paraphrasing, summarising and questioning. I'm not sure if you've studied those?

@Sans911 above 2 posts 🤦

I don't get many of these questions at all and it's stressing me right out. It doesn't help with this stupid phone cant access anyhing and I can barely see the work and pops growing at me because I asked him to do something.

So is the question asking which of those skills listed might be used? Or what skills are use in certain parts. Like active listening might be used to tcry to find out why Max gambles, and explore those reasons by using paraphrasing. Am I on the right track?

I don't really know. Just th skills listed I suppose. The questions and case study is all that it says
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance