Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

LostAngel
Senior Contributor

feeling a bit stressed today ,feel like I need to set up a new routine at home

hello Friends havnt posted for a while,In terms of Lockdown its started to get to me more during this week,Im still showering evryday and doing as much self care as I can think of but at the same time some daily stress and boredom has set in ,I am eating regular meals ,its sleep patterns that have become the biggest issue this time around during lockdown my sleep pattern has changed to the point of nightly insonia /unable to sleep at night followed by sleeping many hours in the day time this same thing has been happening since lockdown started ,I have phoned Lifeline a few times and have been given the advice to set up a routine although at the moment it is hard to get back into a normal routine ,I tried the other night to force myself to stay in bed after midnight in complete darkness to try to force myself to sleep normal hours again but instead I was still wide awake ,I oddly tend to stay awake all night and then fall asleep when the sun comes up around 5am rather than the normal pattern of sleeping at night time hours its annoying to say the least then I wake up late in the day sometimes as late as dinner time so then I shower and eat dinner and end up repeating the same pattern ,I am having my daily medication since being dianosed with severe depression about 2 months ago ,also when I do finally fall asleep I tend to have starnge dreams aswell anyway thanks for listening friends LostAngelHeart

4 REPLIES 4

Re: feeling a bit stressed today ,feel like I need to set up a new routine at home

Strange dreams sounds like a nice side effect.

Re: feeling a bit stressed today ,feel like I need to set up a new routine at home

Hi @LostAngel 

Well done keeping the showering, regular meals and self care on track. I'm also in lockdown and it's not easy. Routine is critical for me and I'm trying but it gets harder as lockdown drags on.

Sorry to hear about sleep. So hard Smiley Frustrated My #1 trigger for relapse is lack of sleep so I get why it's imporant. It's a tough one because I find if I try too hard and worry about it I sleep even less. One thing that helps me is an app with white noise - I like rain, and sleep stories. I figure even if it doesn't work at least with the stories I have something to focus on apart from my own thoughts.

Take care

frog

Hi @wellwellwellnez hope you're ok

Hey @LostAngel 

Can I just clarify your concern, is it that you are not getting enough sleep, or that your sleeping patterns have changed during lockdown that is stressing you out?  

Hi @LostAngel,

I'm sorry that lockdown is starting to get to you but I have to say that it sounds like you're doing an amazing job maintaining your routine! Routines are so important during times like this.

I really relate to your struggles with sleep at the moment, I have also been struggling to sleep of late and it's absolutely exhausting. How are you going this week? Has your sleep improved?

Take care, CalmingNature Heart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance