Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Former-Member
Not applicable

emotional

hi,

for some reason i feel like im on the verge of crying all the time and i dont know why it just really getting to me i told my son off for being naughty then had to cuddle him to stop myself from crying i dont know what the hell is going on

4 REPLIES 4
utopia
Senior Contributor

Re: emotional

@Former-Member. Sometimes we may not know why we are feeling emotional. We simply are.
Is there a reason why you can't just allow the tears to fall? As crying can be a great way of releasing pent up emotions.
That's why watching a tear jerker - movie is great . having a big cry can be cathartic and releasea lot of pent up stress.
If your child is asleep now, are you able to allow your tears to fall?

Hi @Former-Member

I hope you are feeling better now.

Sometimes it does help just to have a good cry and let it out.  I usally find I get very emotional if I'm tired, stressed or anxious and like you I will think "why the hell am I crying" I did this just on the weekend but it turned out I was venting some stress and thats how it came out.  I let myself cry and then felt better and got on with things.

Sometimes just putting on a strong face like to your child when you are spinning inside can wear you out emotionally.

Take careSmiley Happy

Former-Member
Not applicable

hi @utopia and @Change123

thankyou for replying, its probably what i need is a cry but alot of the time i feel to proud to cry or feel it is innapropriate to cry at that time and to most of my family like siblings and that im a rock im their shoulder to cry on and i dont like them to see me cry

utopia
Senior Contributor

I understand that feeling @Former-Member. But by holding it in - we risk getting sick.
That's why a movie can be a good cover or excuse to cry.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance