Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Kamr
New Contributor

Very low

I have been suffering from mental illness for 12 years now due to a number of factors, I try to stay happy and not go near anyone that is negative! Recently I met someone as I have been single for a long time. We hit it off and had so much in common and enjoyed spending time together, then all of a sudden I asked the question " where do you see us in a few years" he got up and walked out then started making me feel like I had done something so bad, I had done so much for him and given so much, he wouldn't talk about things and now I am left to pick up the pieces again after haVing my life in control and being reasonably happy, I have no one that really understands as my daughter just closes a blind eye and resents me at times for not being like everyone else's mother she knows, I seriously can't do enough for her!!
4 REPLIES 4
utopia
Senior Contributor

Re: Very low

Hi @Kamr. Sounds like you are going through a tough period. You opened yourself to love - & now you have the pain. It's not fair.
Is your daughter a teenager? She sounds a bit like my teenage boy. Embarrassed by everything I do, say, etc.
You say you had your life in control and were happy before this man. You will get there again. You sound like you are strong. At the moment you just need to heal. Treat yourself gently.

Sounds like you've had a rough time in your life over the past 12 years @Kamr. I'm sorry to hear you've been unlucky in love, it sounds to me you gave your heart to this person and instead of the happiness you were looking for, you got pain.

It's a shame your daughter doesn't seem to understand you. I'm sure many of us here on the forums will understand what you are going through however.

In the meantime be good to yourself. Gentle hugs. 

I can understand your disappointment, disillusionment and sadness about this relationship. It sounds as if this person liked the friendship as you say you hit it off and he liked you. However he was afraid to talk about any kind of commitment and that is important if a relationship wants to move forward. Perhaps he then went into the male defensive mode that if you don't talk about things they will go away but of course they don't. Take care

Hi @Kamr

Just wondering how you're travelling?

It's probably still quite raw, I would imagine. I hope you're getting support. We're here if you need us 🙂

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance