Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Former-Member
Not applicable

The PDoc Blues (poem)

Two-hundred-thousand hours have gone by,
And in the millions of minutes of madness,
All I've heard you do is lie
How you can fix my sadness.

You say you fully understand,
And that you know the score.
So tell me Doc, I'd like to know,
How long you have ill for?

I'm sure you try your best to care,
But there's falsehood in your affinity,
You cannot feel what isn't there,
Or correctly imagine infinity.

You claim honesty as you sit in your chair,
That it bothers you what I'm relaying,
But I wonder how long you'll continue to care,
When you realise I haven't been paying.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: The PDoc Blues (poem)

Glass wings I've thought about you often. I know when your in the dark place of depression it's hard to find anything positive. I'm just writing to remind you that you have an amazing talent of articulating emotions. This world is in sorely need of compassion and empathy. I am terrible at articulating my feelings. I really wish you had some kind of platform instagramm or something to create a movement to promote compassion empathy and understanding. I think you would be very successful.

How are you doing?
Former-Member
Not applicable

hello @Former-Member

You sound as though you have been deeper within your depression.

I sense anger or rage now which is a feeling i usually have when the depth of my depression starts to shift.

I also experience self-loathing, agitiation, irritation.

Are you aware of transference during your sessions with your psychiatrist?

I think that it is extremely important that you read your writing to your psychiatrist. This will give him or her a clear picture of your present feelings.

If you still feel as though you want to change your psychiatrist you could also talk about that with him or her.

Remember the most important person in the treatment is you.

I suggest that you dont change psychiatrists until you have done this and also whilst your mood is so low.

When it passes, then you will be able to think more rationally, take your time this is a very important decision. then do what you believe is the best thing for you.

If you decide to cease treatment with the psychiatrist make an appointment with your gp to discuss this fact.

the journey is hard but we become stronger as a result. it is also part of our journey in recovery.

We have to realise how difficult it is, just by the sheer fact that the illness is such a big part of us.

good luck on your own journey

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance