Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: My Hospital Stay

Thank you @Zoe7 @Former-Member @Shaz51 @Former-Member @Owlunar @Former-Member @outlander @TheVorticon @BlueBay @Former-Member @oceangirl @Former-Member.
I agee - without the nurses wearing lanyards & the patients in wrist bands - it would be too hard to tell who was who - because often it's the patients that seem more sane and logical.
@Former-Member - glad you are home in your own bed. If I could, I would smuggle you into my hospital under my workcover claim. Love to you.
I'll send a day 3 update before bed tonight.
Thank you everyone for your support. I don't feel so alone in here when I can read your words.
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Former-Member
Not applicable

❤️💕❤️

@utopia yes please keep us updated on your days Heart

your not alone dear friend Heart

we are all in this with you no matter where we are (symbol of picture)

stock-vector-children-united-holding-hands-around-australia-continent-51089296.jpg

Hi @utopia

Image result for positive affirmations

@utopia Heart

Image result for positive affirmations

selfcaresunday.jpg

Former-Member
Not applicable

Yes you are - all of you 🙂

Frog

Former-Member
Not applicable

Ok, just so there's no confusion...my last response was to I am Enough 🙂

I'm going off duty now but the wonderful Fancy Pants will be with you soon.

Goodnight from Frog

Hi Utopia,  I hope you are going okay.  I was reading your past posts and about your Workcover situation. How awful for you that this has happened to you.  I am in a slightly similar situation and it is breaking me.  I am glad to hear they are paying for your private hospital stay and I hope you get some benefit and something good comes from it.  If you don't mind, and when you are feeling better, can you please let us know the good (and bad) things about being in the hospital and whether it is actually helpful?  I think you mentioned you have a child, so I hope he/she is okay too.

Hope you feel better soon

Day 3:<br>Got woken at 8.30 by the nurse - so I could have my meds. Was glad he woke me - as I found out they offer a cooked breakfast on the weekends. So after my cereal I had some bacon. Bugger eating with cutlery. Iy tastes better when you eat with your fingers.<br>Art therapy was open for 2 hours. So I found a small box, mixed up some paints and painted it (pink). Tomorrow I hope to glue some fabric inside it (pink) &amp; then Tuesday I will decorate it with as much 'bling' as I can find. It will be a gift for my niece - my best friends daughter. And as a 5 year old - the only colour that exists in the world is .... PINK.<br>Was a quiwt day. Most patients out with their visitors. One lady gave me a Sudoku book she wasn't using - as I needed something mindless to do, especially in the evenings. I was going to just finger knit - but that was too big a risk for the hospital staff - who said no.<br>I normally finish a Sudoku puzzle in 3 minutes &amp; don't really think of it. Just did 9 puzzles. Only got 1 right. That's a better indication of my brain health than the intake questions. Lol.<br>Haven't needed a prn to calm me down today. And I'm not taking a sleeping tablet tonight. I can still taste the metalic/chemical taste from last nights meds.<br>Didn't see the psych today. Hopefully tomorrow. The amoko courtyard is closed now til the morning - so hopefully I'll fall asleep soon. <br>Had a good afternoon nap today. Feel safe here with the staff and other patients. <br>Sweet dreams all. ♥♥♥
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance