Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

eudemonism
Senior Contributor

Mental problems

It's like I've got separation anxiety. (Separation from people and my environment) and depedant personality. Addictive personality. (Double questioning) unable to tell the difference between symptoms (wide varietyof stuff) and reality. - suffering as a consequence. -indecisiveness. -procrastinating. -thinking there is no help. -thinking people don't care. -depot medication is running low... -really struggling even at the best of times... -feeling very weak and vulnerable. -racing thoughts and so on... -feeling broken...
30 REPLIES 30

Re: Mental problems

That is a really uncomfortable space for you @eudemonism. It might be worth considering a check up with your treating team sooner rather than later.

Try to take today as quietly as possible. I hope you start to feel more comfortable very soon.
Hugzzz

Hi @eudemonism

I am so sorry that things feel worse for you right now, how are you coping? and what do you usually do when it feels like this? (when depot running low)?  

have you seen the coping strategies thread here? im not sure if any would be relevent for you?  how can we help?

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @eudemonism
It sounds so very hard at the moment! I'm sorry that there is so much going on. How are you doing now? Hoping that you will have been able to reach out for help wiht meds if possible. Glad you were here on the forums and hoping that something here might help. The coping strategies thread that fancypants mentioned might be a good place to start, or keep writing here if it helps to share more.
Take care,
lj

Oh its not very good! @Former-Member & @Fancy_Pants things ain't been going real well for along time now. And I've lost faith in modern medicine and the system ever being able to do anything for me. Apart from give me yucky and disgusting drugs.

The system has let me down big time. And I don't think very kindly upon them for that. -I consider what they have done to me as evil.

It's a load of bulldust to be honest with yous. -they all receive more out of being in their positions and doing what they do. Then any patient does. They receive their needs as human beings. Plus a weekly income. And sll these benefits. -they must think it's so great that troubled people whom they csn brain wash. Rock up too their place of work. And provide them with their needs while they get paid. And inflict control and brain wash upon them. And it's true!

It's all good when things are going fine for them. But when things go wrong. They quickly change their tune and their attitude.

They are far to dependant on medication doing all the hard work. And are far too lost in this idea. That medication fixes the problem. (-
Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @eudemonism

I think i can see how strongly you feel about the support that you have (or Havent) recieved in the past and the type of methods that have been used. You make an interesting point about a lot of workers getting paid for getting their human need to help others and be beneficial in that way, i havent through of it like that but yes, in some ways i think you are right. On the flip side of that though is that some of them have to see some people slipping, not doing so well and not being able to really change anything for those people. 

I have been so very lucky with about 90% of the people/care that i have worked with through my mental health stuff and for me at least some of the medication really has helped me, but i know that not everyone has that experience. 

Is there anything that has worked for you in the past? Strategies for coping, people to see and just talk to while things are feeling this crappy? (and of course the forums are here!)

lj

I've been asked that question many times @Former-Member and I think it's totally besides the point. Because it's a clinical (clinician) based question that places all the work on the client. And feeds the worker with answers.
Former-Member
Not applicable

lol well im no clinician just a regular person! I dont know what to suggest that might help you, though im hoping htat being on the forums might. There are lots of people who have found that meds dont work for them or have had difficulties in finding help from mental health professionals. @eudemonism

It's more a case of what isn't working in system? And what isn't right with the system? And what is wrong with the system? Are they actually addressing the cause of the problems their clients are faced with?

I was called in to the mental health office after 7 months of being medication free. And was being told bye members of their team that "you're doing fine" -I was called into the office to fill out a mental health care plan. And it made me so god dam angry. -I was put in front of a clinician who had maybe been practicing for 6 months. Only to be asked a whole heap of stupid questions. (She accused me of threatening her) another nurse years earlier. Said. "It's not fair that you're on the pension and you don't need to take medication" another said "we almost want you taking little bits of marijuwana" so I'm honestly thinking. Wtf??? -what are they really trying to do???

Has the mental health nurse who called me into the office after separating myself from the system helped with one single answer I give her to the stupid questions which made me angry? No.

Does the mental health nurse who suggested I take little bits of marijuwana realize the damage she did? Probably no idea.

Does the nurse who said it wasn't fair that I be on the pension and not need medication know what it's like to experience medication side effects 24/7 365? I don't think so.

Have they abided bye my request to not share Information about me. Becsuse it stresses me out? Not that I know of...

They have let me down. And I slipped through the cracks of a broken system. And I'm not happy about it... -a worker on the other end of the triage line. Called a real life experience I went through that stressed me out and had been reoccurring for 10 years. "Voices/symptoms" which is a lie!

My name was being mentioned in a radio segment. And I told a nurse about it. And was told in return it was my voices. That's a bloody joke that is.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance