Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Anonymousgirl
Casual Contributor

In the end you sit with yourself

And at the end of it all, you sit with yourself in silence with a thousand thoughts racing.

You begin to understand why and how. You begin to cry, not out of sadness but out of relief. Relief that you finally get it, you get you. And you will do whatever it takes to protect you from allowing you to ever choose a path that doesn't value you.

It's not easy, but you get it know. You forgive yourself and you take a step forward, no more allowing those who hurt you to have a place or space in your new re-found self.

12 REPLIES 12

Re: In the end you sit with yourself

Hey @Anonymousgirl 

I really love the end of this piece where you said that you forgive yourself. I think that it is such a powerful and important thing to do within our recovery journeys, to keep forgiving ourselves over and over again for things that we are learning

Thank you for sharing

@Anonymousgirl  welcome to the forum.

Just checking in with you 😊.  I can appreciate how your feeling at the moment. Would you like to chat perhaps?

@Anonymousgirl 

Powerful x 

I've been searching everywhere to be heard. I wasn't even sure that this would work. To know that it was actually read and that you responded, I can't tell you how much you have made me feel heard. Thank you.

I'm not sure. Are you coming from a place of personal experience?

🙏

@Anonymousgirl  I have lived experience in many areas thoughout my life so far. It is one of the reason why I choose to use my own life experience to help other people feel heard and not alone on their own journeys.

I am glad @Anonymousgirl that you felt ok to share your thoughts and feelings today as thats a big step in your journey 😊.

@Anonymousgirl you can talk to any of the peer workers who are on the forums at anytime, that is what we are hear to help😊.  You may also be interested in joining any one of the various chat forums as well as getting further support and or information and resources can be found at the top of the page.

How do I join? I'm finding this a little hard to navigate.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance