Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: I've taken the first step

Thanks @Zoe7. So nice to know this place is here!

You will find amazingly supportive people on this forum - day and night (that's my favourite time as I don't sleep much!!!!). Can really help you get through the tough times (and the occasional good time). Connecting with others who have such empathy and insights has made the world of difference to me - I hope you find it just as helpful and maybe empowering. Great to have you here Smiley Happy

Hello @flatshift,

welcome

My Husband too has  suffered major depression and anxiety since very young.

his grandmother, mother and his 3 sisters all have depression , but they were took just to keep going , don`t talk about it

over the years my husband has told me lots of things , but not to his parents and then to end up in hospital last year

we are here for you , you are not alone

Hello @spelled3, @Zoe7,, yes come and join us on the night thread or the beer thread anytime 24/7 we are always here for you

Hello  @mrkotter, @Ellu, @Lunar xx

Hello @Former-Member, how are you xx

Hi @flatshift

I was moved by your message. My family used to work in Mental Health, yet it is still very hard to talk with them about my own MI. I want you to know that you are doing the right thing getting help with depression, anxiety and anything else you are struggling with. If recently diagnosed, I am interested in if you have been prescribed any medication? I ask because when I came to the certainty of my own MI, I struggled with nausea etc, but perservered. Please do the same if you have been prescibed meds and are having some side effects.... most of the time they pass, but it took me 2 weeks before they subsided to a managable level. Meds do have a place. If you haven't been, then maybe consider other ways to support yourself, herbal pharmacy remedies etc. I am NOT a Dr, so my suggestions are just that, with no medical background.

Telling your parents..... A hard thing to do. Maybe approach the parent you feel closest to first? Affirm to them, as I know you would, that this is an illness/illnesses, that it is not their fault, or yours, and explain to them what you want from them, if anything. It sounds to me like you want to reach out, but are worried about how it will go down. I am a parent. I know that if my child came up to me and told me they were struggling, that I would want to listen, be there, and support. People respond differently, and who knows how they will respond, but know that they love you so very much.

We are here for you. We understand.

Thinking of you,

@Whim

Hi @flatshift great work recovery can be bumpy. As a 'newbe' here i am loving the idea of this safe place with lots of great support.
Deep breath as i look to make small changes for my growth.
Have a great day if it faulters try hot chocolate.... or even an ice cream!

Hello @Newwave, @flatshift, @Whim 

It is soo great to see you here my friends

the next step I find is to talk about it my friends , we are here for you

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance