Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

waffle-pulse
Casual Contributor

Hoops

I feel like I'm running away from a tornado but my legs are taped together. Like I'm desperately shuffling forward... crawling and pulling myself along but every 2 meters theres a seven foot brick wall I need to tower and I don't have any arms to climb with... I often wonder if natural selection still occured if I'd exist. 

3 REPLIES 3
Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Hoops

Hi @waffle-pulse

That is such a vivid description of how you're feeling. I can relate to it a lot. Glad you've found the forums and been brave enough to post, thank you for sharing that. 

I hope that things feel a bit better soon for you! Seems like you're a bit like me today, with being up so late, is there anything that might help you to wind down for the night? I'm just having a cup of herbal tea. 

lj

I don't really have the words to describe it any other way at the moment... Apart from its just that feeling of life throwing things at you constantly, and not having the ability to keep up. Anytime I feel marginally okay I try to do everything at once to catch up. Constantly trying to catch my own tail.

I tend to do the opposite at night. It's pretty unhelpful. Sleep is an ongoing issue unfortunately because of other medical things I have going on. I release twice as much adrenaline at night. It's frustrating. 

utopia
Senior Contributor

Welcome to the forum @waffle-pulse. I can really relate. When I finally start feeling a little better - I sometimes do too much - which just sends me crashing again.
Self care is very important for our health - including our mental health. I've had to learn that I can't do the same things as well as I used to (prior to injury) or as much as I used to. I regularly need to take time out and sit outside and breathe and relax. My house is never clean - not properly. But in the end it doesn't matter. Looking after myself needs to be my first priority.
I hope you are able to put yourself first too.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance