Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

JBird
Casual Contributor

Black hole

My life is a black hole. Everyday is the same thing repeated over and over again the same pain the same emptiness the same inadequacy the same nothingness inside. I've never been able to picture my life beyond the age I have been at the time, my family walks on eggshells afraid today might be the day, I can see my mothers heartbreak everytime she looks at me. The times I've tried to talk you my pain has only ever been met with dissmal how could i forget if it's about you why would you care? Trying to remember when i morphed from human being to a shell....

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Black hole

Hi @JBird

Welcome to the Forums, and thanks for writing your first post. I'm saddened to hear about how your life feel like a black hole. It seems like it's been this way for sometime. Can you remember a time when you didn't feel this way?

You mentioned that the times you have tried to talk, your experiences have been dismissed. I can imagine how this might lead you to misunderstood and isolated. Do you have any supports (e.g., psychologist, friends) that you speak with?

utopia
Senior Contributor

@JBird. I'm sorry to hear you feel stuck in this black hole. I've been there. It's hard to think ahead. It's hard to see any light at the end of the tunnel.
I wonder if you are seeing a psychologist or counselor? My psychologist has been a big help to me - especially with my depression and anxiety. And when family haven't always known what to say - he has been a big support for me.
Your gp will be able to write a referral for a psychologist - you could even see one free - under the medicare scheme.

@utopia I am in the process of finding one as I have just relocated.

@CherryBomb I can't. I feel like im a walking wound. I have some support in my life but I feel like a burden to them  

utopia
Senior Contributor

I'm glad you will soon have a psychologist to help you @JBird.
Do you have plans for this weekend?
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance