Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A long rave

Morning @Mazarita 😊 Nice to see everyone here this morning!

Hi to you too @Mazarita  Ages since we've been on at the same time.  How are you this morning?

@CheerBear@eth Woman Happy Woman Happy

I'm okay this morning, thanks eth. About three hours sleep so far. Yesterday I clocked about nine hours overall. The day before it was seven. Sleep is slowly returning to me after six weeks or more of less than four hours a day. Glad of it, and feel better for it. Sorry to hear you had a such extremely fragmented sleep overnight. I feel for you with that as an ongoing issue.

Good to see you this morning too, CB.

@CheerBear @Mazarita  I had what was a big day out for me yesterday and really thought I'd sleep better.  Went out with my sw for 5 1/2 hrs.  First we bussed to the psychologist then back to the local shops.  Walked bus stop to chemist and then to home.  Jumped in the car and went and caught the ferry across the harbour, walked to cafe and back to the shady park near the ferry stop.  Then home via a beach drive.  So all up over 2km walking, a lot for me still.  Had had a disturbing dream the night before so lots of past events were coming up for me even before the psych ap't.  Got into details about another traumatic event from my pre-pubesant years with the psych.  Planning to do some EMDR about it next week.  Still trying to get psych and coordinator of supports to communicate - they haven't even got it together by email and it's really frustrating me.  Psych did another report for me 2 weeks ago and neither CoS or I have a copy of it yet, tho psych says she's sent it ...... rave over!

@Mazarita great to hear you are getting more sleep again.  Seems like the recent drop in one of your meds has been the right thing to do.

What do you both have planned for today?

Sounds like a good day with the increased activities, @eth, even with the traumatic memories arising. Harbour ferry, shady park and beach drive seem especially nice. How are you finding the bus journeys after doing them for a while now?

2km walking is good going, hope your feet held up okay. I need to get back into doing some of that too. The creative work on the computer is keeping me inside almost all the time lately. Perhaps even more than that, I'm not handling the heat well at all this year, so taking cover here at home from that too.

Hoping the psych and CoS get it together soon, and that you end up getting a copy of the psych report. That would frustrate me too. Have you been able to express any of your concerns about this to them?

Yes I've talked to them both about it @Mazarita.  Will get CoS to check her spam mail when I see her on Friday.  She's coming to go on the myGov site with me and help me navigate the NDIS portal there.

The bus trips are pretty ok so far, with the sw sitting with me.  Yesterday I would have missed my stop if she hadn't alerted me as I was in deep telling her about real life events that the dream was referring to.  We talked about the next step which will probably be me sitting at the front and her sitting at the back of the bus.  When I'm ready.

Foot is a bit niggly today but not too bad.

Do you use a laptop or desk top computer Maz?  If a laptop maybe you could set up an area in your courtyard where you could sit outside and still work on your vid projects.  But I guess it might be too hot to do that anyway.  yesterday was a scorcher here too.

Good to hear the bus project is proceeding well step-by-step, @eth.

I use a desktop for computing. A powerful computer is needed for video. The ancient laptop I have just wouldn't cut it. I get outside in the courtyard many times during the day, for smokes, to have a look at the sky, listen to the birds, etc. Every night for quite some time now, I've also been going out and looking at the sky, stars and moons while I've been on my breaks from computing. Other than that, during the day it is too hot to sit there. Also too noisy if I was there for an extended time, due to regular air traffic flying low on their way in to land.

It's not really that scorching hot here, but still hot. Just that my body seems to be handling the heat less well as time goes on. I have a delicate thermostat! Smiley Tongue

I hear you about aging thermostats @Mazarita.  Lately I get really red-faced quite easily, not to mention the sweating,  and it takes a long time to return to normal core temp.

I suspect one or other of my meds is contributing to this, not just age.

Having those little breaks when you step outside sounds like a good balancer for all the screen time.  Good for your eyes too.  

Heading back to bed.  Hope you enjoy your mornings @Mazarita and @CheerBear xx

Yes, meds side effects here too, @eth, with the overheating and sweating so easily now.

Rest well, hope it's a decent chunk of it this time. Heart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance